Options
2»

Replies

• earlnabby
    earlnabby Posts: 8,171 Member
    edited January 2019
    Options
    jlbtnc wrote: »
    I see this was answered but just for clarification; as long as all 0 it can count as your water intake? I usually drink just plain water, but wanted something different without the calories, etc. I have sparkling water called Clear American with different flavors like black cherry, strawberry, mango, etc.. It is naturally flavored sparkling water beverage with other natural flavors. Calories, total fat, sodium, total carbs, sugars, proteins are all 0. I am not sure if I will like it, but going to give it a try.

It counts as water no matter if it has calories or not, just log the calories

Stuff like Clear American is NOT sparkling water, it is a "sparkling water beverage" which is a fancy way to say that it is a clear diet soda. It has flavor and sweetener. Seltzer is unsweetened so it is flavored water.

ETA: interesting that an 8 year old necro thread gets revived. Same questions, same answers
  • wmweeza
    wmweeza Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    Most have Splenda (otherwise known as Sucralose) in them. Yes, it's water, yes they can be quite tasty...but be aware they do have artificial sweetners in them that may cause you issues.
    I found out the hard way that I'm allergic to Sucralose
  • KetoLula
    KetoLula Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I drink Frut water from Aldi's. It's zero calorie and helps me get more water in, so I count it as the same.
  • LynnJ9
    LynnJ9 Posts: 414 Member
    edited January 2019
    Options
    I use Mio when I drink plain water, I don't drink coffee or soda, so since Mio has caffeine and I love the taste. But i also drink the sparkling waters. I LOVE them. They really satisfy a sweet craving and the label say they are 0 calories though, since one bottle is 2 servings, I am sure they are closer to 10 calories. Some brands even say they are 10 calories.
  • earlnabby
    earlnabby Posts: 8,171 Member
    Options
    LynnJ9 wrote: »
    I use Mio when I drink plain water, I don't drink coffee or soda, so since Mio has caffeine and I love the taste. But i also drink the sparkling waters. I LOVE them. They really satisfy a sweet craving and the label say they are 0 calories though, since one bottle is 2 servings, I am sure they are closer to 10 calories. Some brands even say they are 10 calories.

Just out of curiosity, how can sparkling water satisfy a sweet craving when they are not sweetened? Also, most Mio does not have caffeine. Mio Energy does but it is the only variety.
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options
    jlbtnc wrote: »
    I see this was answered but just for clarification; as long as all 0 it can count as your water intake? I usually drink just plain water, but wanted something different without the calories, etc. I have sparkling water called Clear American with different flavors like black cherry, strawberry, mango, etc.. It is naturally flavored sparkling water beverage with other natural flavors. Calories, total fat, sodium, total carbs, sugars, proteins are all 0. I am not sure if I will like it, but going to give it a try.

Even if it has calories, it's still essentially water. Just make sure you count those calories.
  • HokieBrad
    HokieBrad Posts: 1,670 Member
    Options
    The only thing I don't count as H20 consumption is alocohol. I drink mostly water but I count my morning coffee. I just account for the cream I put in it.
  • lalalacroix
    lalalacroix Posts: 834 Member
    Options
    I honestly don't know why or how someone could think that if a drink has calories it suddenly couldn't be considered hydrating.

Pretty much all liquids are hydrating, even some with alcohol, such as beer but only to a certain amount. Water, coffee, tea, juice, soda, caffeinated beverages, beverages with calories, beverages with carbonation, broths. Heck fruit are hydrating, some vegetables, soups, and so much more.
  • rv1234567
    rv1234567 Posts: 6 Member
    Options

Sure it counts. So does water in your food, etc.

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/water-works-2/
  • TheFitHooker
    TheFitHooker Posts: 3,358 Member
    Options
    73ga7vklhm5j.jpg

This stuff has 25mg of sodium per serving. It has nothing else that I normally count in it though. It's really good water though.

I enjoy the Walmart 1 liter clear water that has flavors, I'll have to check out the label, I have never paid attention.
  • AmandaEdwards1
    AmandaEdwards1 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I feel like any flavorings I add to water makes it feel less refreshing and I end up still really thirsty with the other stuff.