Conflicting iPhone Steps and Apple Watch Steps

Options
Hi, hoping someone can assist. Even though everything I can see is set to track Apple Watch steps, I’m getting a deduction from iPhone steps. I can’t figure out how to get the iPhone to stop sharing step info with MFP. Please see the screenshots to see the conflict. Any help would be appreciated.6rvmzaj6bym9.png
fv7suaoajy8e.png
gghnev2wpeof.png

Replies

• shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    Options
    Sometimes the adjustment takes awhile to update.

That said I don’t think the sync between Apple and MFP works right. At least for me, none of my workouts get sent over and the adjustments are always (regardless of activity level on MFP) less than 100 calories. Yesterday for example I had over 10k steps and worked out for 90 mins (not step based)...only 60 calories added on MFP. If I log my workouts here, the adjustment gets updated and takes away all my exercise calories. I gave up and have been logging in LifeSum for now.

I previously had a Fitbit and even when set to Lightly Active I would get at least an additional 200 calories per day. I’ve compared the total calories burned between Apple and Fitbit; they are about the same. So I’m not sure why MFP is giving me so few calories. I tried emailing them about it and just got a standard response about how the adjustments work.
  • Grnhouse
    Grnhouse Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    I agree. Apple Watch and mfp don’t like each other. I gave up too. Will try lifesum.
  • aschroeder2749
    aschroeder2749 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Huh. That's too bad. Thank you for responding, and sorry the pics were so huge! I'm just now seeing this thread from my desktop.