Why my weight shoots up every 2-3 days? I know I ate some extra but sometimes it doesn't shoots.

Can it be bloating? I can see my face and belly bloated someday for no reason.

Replies

• IsETHome
    IsETHome Posts: 386 Member
    Maybe if you had more food you need to add more water. Look at your logs, maybe higher sodium.
  • twdlove89
    twdlove89 Posts: 95 Member
    I find i bloat all the time! I do take digestive tablets to help (I have no gallbladder and bloat extremely easily) drinking plenty of water usually helps too but it takes atleast 2days for my bloating to go down
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member
    not to mention weight fluctuates hour to hour day to day.
  • ChelleDee07
    ChelleDee07 Posts: 396 Member
    Your weight shifts constantly and it can be something as simple as how much sodium (salt) you have ate to the amount of water you are drinking.
  • __Chanda__
    __Chanda__ Posts: 30 Member
    My face swells if I consume too much sodium. My stomach, if I eat bread or corn.
  • Deviette
    Deviette Posts: 979 Member
    How much does it shoot up? Remember that your weight can fluctuate by around 5lbs mostly due to water weight. And this can be caused by all manner of things: different sodium intake, muscle repair from exercise, not drinking enough fluid, drinking too much fluid, different carbohydrate intake, the day of the week having a vowel in it, etc. The point is that these kinds of fluctuation are completely normal, happen to everyone, and should not be cause for concern.

If you struggle with fluctuations you may benefit from using a weight trending app such as Happy Scales (iOS), Libra (Android) or Trendweight (desktop). As they'll smooth out them out, and give you a trend weight that'll be more representative of your overall weight trend.