Tired of trying to lose it alone!

Options
I suppose I've always been slightly overweight. I think the last time I was a healthy weight I was in grade 9 and even then I thought I was too heavy. I've tried several times to lose weight over the years but nothing ever sticks. I always end up quitting after losing a few pounds and then gaining it back. It's very frustrating.

I found this app on my iPod a few days ago and thought I'd give it a try. It's nice to be surrounded by so many people who are trying to lose weight at the same time, something I've never really had, and I hope that reading updates from so many dedicated people will help keep me focused and motivated!

Replies

• peggyalex
    peggyalex Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    welcome and I love this site! helps me stay motivated and the people really help to keep you going! Good luck!
  • is4031
    is4031 Posts: 71
    Options
    Welcome to the site, there is a lot of motivation as you noticed. Feel free to add me if you wish :)
  • cricketannie
    cricketannie Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    I know EXACTLY how you feel. I. too, have always been overweight, and never had any success trying to loose on my own. I've been trying this site out for a few months now and LOVE it. It motivates me to get out and work hard on loosing weight.
    Good luck to you!!!
  • suzukigurl
    Options
    Welcome to MFP!! So glad you decided to start using the app. I have had tons of support and motivation through out my time on here so far and it just gets better. Feel free to add me as a friend if you like! Good luck on your journey :flowerforyou:
  • mistyb47711
    mistyb47711 Posts: 861 Member
    Options
    Welcome!!
  • rainesgirl2219
    Options
    I have to say this app has been one of the best ways I have found to lose weight. I have tried doing it alone and tried counting calories and keeping track of my exercise plan, but I always get discouraged when I don't see any results. I have been doing this for two week and I have already lost 6 pound. I set my self up saying that I would lose 1.5 pounds a week. I am following their recommendations and I know, with this app, that I am eating enough. One thing too is seeing what actual serving sizes are. I hope you like it as much as I have!! Keep it up, it is very worth it!
  • sophjakesmom
    sophjakesmom Posts: 904 Member
    Options
    It's nice to be surrounded by so many people who are trying to lose weight at the same time, something I've never really had, and I hope that reading updates from so many dedicated people will help keep me focused and motivated!

I found this to be true! I have had much more success and felt a lot more motivated reading everyone else's successes, challenges, and stories! Good luck to you! :drinker:
  • oreyna49
    oreyna49 Posts: 152
    Options
    Welcome...this is a great site!!! It will give you as much support as you need to achieve your goals...
  • shaundiw
    Options
    Before I got pregnant, I used this app and lost 25 lbs. The secret is to set small, realistic goals and to try to find a comfortable , healthy lifestyle. Set a weight loss goal of maybe 2 lbs. Per week and start counting calories. If you plateau, either reduce the calories or exercise more. If you work, eat a quick lunch and speed walk during your lunch break instead of eating for 30 minutes or an hour. Worked for me! Since I've had my baby, I've put on weight and am ready to lose it again. You can do it!