I am suddenly hungry all the time!

Options
DWT14
DWT14 Posts: 2 Member
The past week or so I am hungry ALL the time. I am eating all my calories even on days I work out. I have not had this problem in the past. Also my weight loss has stalled. Any suggestions?

Replies

• tigersmoondiva
    tigersmoondiva Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I have found that happens to me just before a stall breaks. It sucks but I stick it out.
  • CarolynB38
    CarolynB38 Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    Are you eating your exercise calories? It may be that if you have become more active you actually need more calories. If you are actually hungry and your weight loss has stalled, it suggests that you may need to eat more but make sure your not mistaking thirst for hunger first by having a glass of water.
  • vcreinert
    Options
    I tend to think that "hungry all the time" is more mental than physical.

I'd research more filling food that is low in calories and meets your calorie levels. I find that a cup of noodles with a cup of cooked carrots and green beans is very filling and will make a nice lunch. I do the same with rice and mushrooms and a cucumber.
  • TazzytheMotivator
    TazzytheMotivator Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    The past week or so I am hungry ALL the time. I am eating all my calories even on days I work out. I have not had this problem in the past. Also my weight loss has stalled. Any suggestions?
    Eat high fiber foods. Eat every 3 hours light meals instead of heavy. Please increase your water intake. A lot of times people confuse hungry pains with just dehydration.
  • meggers123
    meggers123 Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    I was super hungry today, so I ate something. Not a ton, but a snack between meals. Maybe you're at a plateau? Maybe you need to up your calories, and this is your body's way of telling you? Maybe eat more often, smaller meals?
  • Amyding115
    Amyding115 Posts: 120
    Options
    I'm not sure what you eating habits are like but my advice with the info given, I would say that your metabolism is picking up. If you are eating all your exercise calories back I would pull back by 100 per day. Also break up what you are eating into smaller portions throughout the day. I suddenly felt the hunger bug bite, hard! So I've just incorporated healthier snacks with slightly smaller meals. I feel if I get too hungry I will be tempted to binge. I also exercise more when I'm hungrier. This is to accumulate more calories so i don't go over. That being said, if I were you I would go over my food diary and see where I could scale it back a bit and add a snack or two, and see where I could fit an extra workout or two for the week.
  • johnsonjk
    johnsonjk Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I have experienced this quite a few times. What can help is having a blow out meal -- one where you don't worry about the number of calories you have and you eat until you are full. I do this once a month and it keeps me going well on the diet for another 2 or 3 weeks.

It seems to help my body adjust to the losing of weight.
  • CoraGregoryCPA
    CoraGregoryCPA Posts: 1,087 Member
    Options
    You are probably dehydrated. I always tell people this when they are "hungry all the time". My dietician told me this. I already drank 6 glasses of water a day. I thought he was crazy. But he said working out dehydrates you even more. I started drinking more water aprox 10 glasses + a day. It helped a lot.

I also tend to eat more protein which fills me up and keeps away the crazy cravings of hunger.
  • finaltouch
    Options
    Dr. Oz states that our bodies don't crave calories, they crave nutrition. You might want to check the nutrictional values of your food, and possibly add some missing vitamins. As far as being stalled, it would be you are eating a little more than you think...so a food diary is a good way to keep your intake in check. Good luck!
  • cherubcrnp
    cherubcrnp Posts: 730 Member
    Options
    Eat high fiber foods. Eat every 3 hours light meals instead of heavy. Please increase your water intake. A lot of times people confuse hungry pains with just dehydration.

I have to agree...hunger isn't always hunger but dehydration. It is so important to drink your water. The high fiber foods work as well. I also suggest that keeping your protein grams on the higher side is important. Women need 50-60 grams a day and sometimes a bit higher if you are active. It gives you energy and keeps you full.

Pam aka Cherubcrnp
  • DWT14
    DWT14 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Definately not dehydrated as I drink a minimum of 64 oz of water a day. Most days I try to get in 96 oz.. I do eat fiber rich foods and have a meal or snack every 3-4 hours. Hope fully it is just my metabolism resetting itself. I will keep you posted as this week progresses.
  • DAWNJ33002
    DAWNJ33002 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Another helpful hint: cinnamon will help to balance your blood sugar and keep you from feeling hungry as fast. you can sprinkle it on all kinds of foods. It only takes a little but it seems to help me a lot.
  • finaltouch
    Options
    Dr. Oz says that our bodies crave nutrients, not calories and we can seem hungry if we are dehydrated. So when we are craving food or feel hungry, try drinking a bottle of water. If the hunger goes away, then you were dehydrated. If you are still hungry, maybe you aren't eating nutricious foods and need to review our food intake.
  • Bweiler82
    Options
    I'm going through something very similar right now. I work out/run 4-5 times a week and have been going pretty strong for the past year I've been super solid on my diet for the past year but just recently starting a month ago I began keeping track of my calories/nutrition on myfitnesspal. I've also given up drinking for the month just to see HOW it would affect me. The results have been GREAT, however, just a few days ago it started feeling like my stomach was a bottomless pit! I eat a lot of protein, small meals throughout the day, lotsa water...I do it all. Some searching might suggest the seasonal change could have something to do with it but I've never traditionally been affected by season changes. Some of you have mentioned metabolism changing...can you elaborate on that? How do you know if/when your body is calling for more food? This week I've felt like I could eat a horse! I've been taking glucosamine/chondroitin for my joints but have been thinking about starting a multi every day. Any thoughts on that as well??? As a newbie on myfitnesspal I'd appreciate any guidance I can get!

Thanks!!!
  • karbhat
    karbhat Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I'm going through the same thing. It's so weird! At first I thought it was only a one-day thing. But I've been having a really stressful week - could it be due to that?