What do you watch during cardio?

Options
I spend an hour on the stairmaster daily. However, if I have nothing to watch, forget it. Since my gym has free wifi, I stream Netflix and Funimation. Currently watching Punisher. What shows get you through a grueling cardio session. Plus, feel free to add me if you like discussing training, shows or anime.

Replies

• cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    As much as possible, I do my cardio outside on my road bike...so mostly I watch for traffic and then whatever else is out there in nature.
  • alphabull
    alphabull Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I watch virtual runs/bike rides on my laptop. Which one depends on if i'm on my exercise bike, elliptical or treadmill.
  • Roobyzooby
    Roobyzooby Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    No way I can watch the Punisher unless it's on the big TV and my hubby is watching it too. We are big fans lol! While on the elliptical and stationary bike I have watched all through The Mentalist, Dexter and Death in Paradise when wanting something more light hearted. I am on the look out for something new to watch now.
  • lin_be
    lin_be Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    I listen to podcasts. It’s hard for me to watch things while working out.
  • kami3006
    kami3006 Posts: 4,978 Member
    Options
    I just listen to music. Though one day I watched a lady bug walk around almost the entirety of my crown molding. That day the time passed quickly. :tongue:
  • Dansfightforlife
    Dansfightforlife Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I usually watch people, places, and things while listening to music.
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,930 Member
    Options
    cwolfman13 wrote: »
    As much as possible, I do my cardio outside on my road bike...so mostly I watch for traffic and then whatever else is out there in nature.

This!
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Options
    i prefer action things. so marvel or dc for movies. but i really enjoyed watching Person of Interest. i only allowed myself to watch a series while on the treadmill as a way to get my butt to work out. so to see what happened next...i had to get on the treadmill
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Options
    For my running or walking on the treadmill I usually watch Animal Planet, usually Too Cute or Dogs/Cats 101 is on but I also have a tablet I attached to my treadmill with virtual running routes, both of these are going. I listen to my music so I just need visuals to keep me from going insane.

Otherwise I run out side, I live in the country where there are horses and cows, small lakes to run around.. hense my sanity is restored from being indoors.
  • marsellilove
    marsellilove Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I did homework on the lateral ski machine last week and that was quite possibly the weirdest multitasking I've done at the gym. Swaying side to side with text book and highlighter in hand.

I like long running, old favorites: X-files, Buffy, Stargate, etc. I force myself to only allow watching those shows at the gym and I can almost guarantee that It'll keep me coming back to the machine day after day.

• estherdragonbat
    estherdragonbat Posts: 5,283 Member
    Options
    I listen to music, but I don't really have room to watch anything.
  • Strawblackcat
    Strawblackcat Posts: 944 Member
    Options
    Food Network, mostly. Something about watching people bake extravagant cakes and gourmet meals gives me the motivation to go a bit harder.
  • yukfoo
    yukfoo Posts: 871 Member
    Options
    Lately I've been watching best fails of 20xx on youtube while I jog... but it's really hard to run while laughing :D
  • whatalazyidiot
    whatalazyidiot Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    I prefer listening to music. Usually just throw Pandora on.
  • nk9o
    nk9o Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I watch "My 600 Lb. Life" Continual motivation as brutal as it is. And after several months its working for me.
  • anmille8
    anmille8 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I watch hgtv our gym has some treadmill TVs and that’s the only good channel lol I prefer podcasts over music for cardio
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,366 Member
    Options
    On the rowing machine, I watch my technique (but listen to music or other audio). If I watch anything else, my technique unravels. Since I prefer on-water rowing, and poor technique turns on-water rowing into in-water swimming (which I don't enjoy), I don't want to practice poor technique even on the machine. ;) (When rowing on water, I watch where I'm rowing, because I'm usually bow rower, or watch other things happening on the river when I know my course is clear for a while.)

In spin class, I mostly close my eyes, and someone else chooses the music.

I couldn't do gym machines all the time. Not fun to me, and I'm a lazy hedonist. I only use the rowing machine in winter in order to stay in shape for rowing in summer. ;)
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,930 Member
    Options
    Since I run a lot, most days, this. :wink:

k5d3pgs6yqng.jpg

Nice path! Where is that?
  • Mirelle242
    Mirelle242 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I l love watching music videos from my youth... And just being whisked away to my childhood.. Never thought I'd be able to do 30+ mins on cardio.. But watching music vids have made this possible!