Soapbox...I apologize in advance

Options
I am all about people having their own opinions and that is great but I think we also need to be mindful that this is a motivational site and that we are all here to be supportive for each other. I think downing people because they log small exercises is a waste of time, if they want to do that then let them. If it keeps them on the right track, I say go for it and the old debate about eating back exercise calories...that is the best thing about free will is that anyone can do what they want because it is their exercise journey and whatever works for them is what they should do. So please I understand if you guys want to post something that you believe highly in but just be mindful that we are here to be positive and not judge others for how they get to their end goal as long as they are staying positive and motivated. Ok I will get off my soapbox for now....lol

:flowerforyou:

Replies

• catfan
    catfan Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    :happy: Agree!
  • GaiaGirl1992
    GaiaGirl1992 Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    agreed!! i've been shocked by some of the insults I see on here!
  • wanetam
    wanetam Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I feel this way too when I read some of the posts people write. We really need to stop judging others. Different things work for different people, and there is no reason to make someone feel stupid on here.
  • dancingj2
    dancingj2 Posts: 4,572 Member
    Options
    Any exercise is good exercise.
  • kfmurals
    Options
    Ditto! Show the love and support.
  • erisfreenici
    erisfreenici Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    I totally agree with this. It doesn't matter if people log everything from sweeping the floor to checking the mail, or if they don't want to eat their exercise calories -- because this site is about encouraging people. If it really bothers you that much, unfriend the people who are bothering you and move on. One thing I don't like about this site is that sometimes people can be very judgmental. It's better to lead by example than to sit around being a naysayer.
  • staceyseeger
    staceyseeger Posts: 783 Member
    Options
    I agree...thank you for bringing it up. While I thoroughly enjoy reading the message boards, there are a few members that are down right rude.
  • backwardslant
    backwardslant Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Thanks for posting this - I've been thinking about that myself. I'm surprised at some of the hostility and mean comments that I see on here occasionally. Particularly about people asking repeat questions in the forums. Who cares if the same question has been asked 100 times before? If someone has a genuine desire to learn something and get other peoples' opinions about it, I think it's great that they are asking. If you don't want to respond, then don't. I'm really appreciative of the supportive friends on here that I have, and think this is such a great site to encourage and support each other. Let's keep it friendly, folks. :)
  • kathleennf
    kathleennf Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    I agree 100%!!
  • TDBrims
    TDBrims Posts: 138
    Options
    Couldn't agree more

I just don't GET why so many people get so worked up about what other people do....what you log as exercise does not make any difference to my weightloss so just LET IT GO
  • Nanadena
    Nanadena Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    I am all about people having their own opinions and that is great but I think we also need to be mindful that this is a motivational site and that we are all here to be supportive for each other. I think downing people because they log small exercises is a waste of time, if they want to do that then let them. If it keeps them on the right track, I say go for it and the old debate about eating back exercise calories...that is the best thing about free will is that anyone can do what they want because it is their exercise journey and whatever works for them is what they should do. So please I understand if you guys want to post something that you believe highly in but just be mindful that we are here to be positive and not judge others for how they get to their end goal as long as they are staying positive and motivated. Ok I will get off my soapbox for now....lol

:flowerforyou:

I so agree! We are here to help each other. Everyone has a different way of doing it. :heart: