diet plan

Options
hiya all, im getting right into the losing weight thing at the mo. Ive started the gym and go every day.
i am eating under my 1000 cals a day. but i dont seem to be losing weight.
any help would be great.. im really pushing myself at the gym this week.

Replies

• tryingeveryday
    tryingeveryday Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I am just starting out myself and I am not expert but I am thinking you may not be eating enough. 1000 calories seems like too few calories. I know someone with more experience could tell you exactly but just a thought!! Worth a shot!
  • HopefulLeigh
    HopefulLeigh Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    You should be eating a minimum of 1,200 calories to prevent your body going into starvation mode. 1,000 is too few calories.
  • Ntdrkyet
    Ntdrkyet Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    If you eat too few calories (including the calories you burn at the gym aka net calories) then your body goes into starvation mode and your metabolism slows wayyyy down! Thats why you are having trouble dropping the weight. You have to balance out calories and execise in order for your body to burn the pounds off. If you are only eatting 1000 calories or less a day and burning alot at the gym thats no where near enough for your body to perform the way its suppose to :ohwell:
    Hope that helps ::flowerforyou:
  • tw51nks
    tw51nks Posts: 5
    Options
    so can any1 push me in the right direction to get a meal plan, that i can stick to.. and is 1200 cals a day?
  • iTim__
    iTim__ Posts: 6,823 Member
    Options
    Just use the guided goals provided by MyFitnessPal. From "My Home" click on goals, and then follow the guided goals to figure out what the right amount of calories is for you. Then start tracking. It is going to take some work to figure out what to eat. Just remember a couple of things...

1. It is EASY to get fat. Getting fit is going to take hard work, dedication, and time.
    2. Don't give up. If you mess up, just get back on track if you fall off. (Just like driving your car... going down the wrong path? make a U-turn)
    3. Keep learning and tweaking. Looks like you're going to start by watching calories and that's smart. Figure that out and then work on other nutrients (my favorite is potassium... it forces you to eat healthy, for example) and work in some exercise.

All the best.

iTim__
  • acmiranda7
    acmiranda7 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    YOUR NOT EATING ENOUGH CALORIES TO LOSE WEIGHT! This is very common. You need to be eating at least 1200 a day without excersizing. If your at the gym, your burning more calories and your bosy is basically slowing down your metabolism to survive and its really not the way to go. I would sugest you eat at least 1500 calories and give it a try for a week. I bet you lose! :drinker:
  • jbdowns35
    jbdowns35 Posts: 352
    Options
    Eliminate processed foods, eat alot of fruits, veggies. Stick to whole grains, no white bread. Eat 5 or 6 times a day, healthy snacks between meals. Get alot of protein. Exercising is good, but only accounts for 20% of weight loss, diet is key. Keep up going to the gym, but concentrate on your diet. Drink lots of water.