Some advice needed.

Options
Hi, I need some help here regarding what to do next. I am 5’3 female, 28 years old, and I started a calorie deficit, based on MFP with 1200 calories. I eat less than the 1200, lots of proteins, more than what it is recommended by MFP, and I’ve lost around 9 pounds in two months, and now I weight 129lbs.
My Ideal weight is from around 115lb to 126lb, and I was planning to lose up to 120lb.

I’ve been working out 6 days a week. The workouts are from Youtube, I use dumbbells of 5lbs, and they are varied, from abs, arms, upper body, strength, legs, glutes, HIIT, Tabata, cardio, Bodyweight, you name it. I try to work all parts of the body every week. Also, 3 days a week, I’ve been following the app from couch to 5K. I Just started week 6. I love to run.

Now, my problem is next. My upper body is quite thin, my arms and chest. You can see the clavicles, you can see my hip bones, and if I hide my belly, you can see my ribs quite easily. My legs are lean, and my tights require a little bit more of work, but not so much. I don’t have any butt. People have been telling me I look alright, and that if I continue losing weight, I will look too thin and sick. However, I do have a lot of fat in my hips, glutes, and belly. Kind of flabby.

What I want is to look thin and healthy, get rid of this belly the most I can, to tone, develop muscle and maybe to get some booty. I want to change how my body looks like the best I can. I was planning to do the Strong Curves program, but I don’t know if I should wait until I reach 120lbs, and then follow the plan.

I’m scared that my upper body might look like a skeleton if I continue losing weight.
What do you think I should do? Calorie deficit? Recomp?

Thanks! 😊

Replies

• MostlyWater
    MostlyWater Posts: 4,294 Member
    Options
    Definitely lift heavier.
  • Cahgetsfit
    Cahgetsfit Posts: 1,912 Member
    Options
    Lift.
  • Cahgetsfit
    Cahgetsfit Posts: 1,912 Member
    Options
    Oh and possibly eat more too.
  • elothen
    elothen Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Lift, which REQUIRES eating more for muscle to develop. Based on your description I'd suggest starting the lift now vs. losing more weight first. Actually, the first first step is to figure out what your honest to god maintenance calories are. 2-3 weeks of trying to eat at maintenance and weighing yourself will help you figure that out (adjust each week if you've lost or gained). Then up that by 250/day and LIFT! I don't know Strong Curves but lots of ladies have mentioned in. 5x5 is another great option.
  • JBanx256
    JBanx256 Posts: 1,473 Member
    Options
    Start lifting & increase calories first!
  • TrishSeren
    TrishSeren Posts: 587 Member
    Options
    Switch to maintenance calories and start lifting.
  • 20poundless
    20poundless Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Thank you guys for your comments. I definitely need to eat more calories and start lifting. I will follow Elothen's recommendations to find my maintenance calories, and start a program. I've been studying Strong Curves, since I have the book, but I will check 5x5 as well.

And yes, quiksylver296, 5lbs dumbbells are not enough.

Again, thank you all. :)
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    Thank you guys for your comments. I definitely need to eat more calories and start lifting. I will follow Elothen's recommendations to find my maintenance calories, and start a program. I've been studying Strong Curves, since I have the book, but I will check 5x5 as well.

And yes, quiksylver296, 5lbs dumbbells are not enough.

Again, thank you all. :)

I agree. ;)