Calorie Yikes

Options
My first day and I’m 413 calories over my goal. Good to know but now I have to make adjustments!

Replies

• nk9o
    nk9o Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Make take a while. Also an eye opener especially as time and your progress comes along. Welcome and good luck....you can do it!
  • Mrsindepenant1
    Mrsindepenant1 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    😂 yes!
  • kzshelbi
    kzshelbi Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I couldn't believe just how much I was actually overeating all the time until I started tracking my foods in a diary. Its a real eye opener. Just have to be 100% honest with yourself about what you are eating everyday... I found that hard to swallow sometimes.
  • Opalescent_Topaz
    Opalescent_Topaz Posts: 130 Member
    edited January 2019
    Options
    When I first started looking at the calories from my favorite-ish restaurant foods in the early days of my weight loss journey, I thought "well, no wonder I'm overweight". Some of my *former* favorite sandwiches are nearly my whole calorie allotment for the day. I'm looking at you, Jimmy John's. So not worth it.
  • zeejane03
    zeejane03 Posts: 993 Member
    edited January 2019
    Options
    The first few days don't worry about it-just get familiar with reading nutrition labels, using your food scale and then getting into the routine of logging. After you get comfortable with these things, then start dialing your calories into line.

Welcome aboard :)
  • Cahgetsfit
    Cahgetsfit Posts: 1,912 Member
    Options
    I actually find it is useful to track your "normal" for about a week before you go into deficit mode. This not only is a massive eye opener as to how much you actually are eating (especially people who think they are being so "healthy" but not realising that that healthy banana muffin just cost them upwards of 600 calories).

YOu can then look at the foods and go "this - not worth eating it" and swap for something that gives you more calorie bang for your buck, or modify it - if I make banana bread for example one serving comes to just over 150cals instead of store bought which is upwards of 300.

So yeah - familiarise yourself with the app, with how much each food actually is worth and so on and then you can start to pre-log (very recommended - I pre log until dinner, then dinner is leftover calories that i use for whatever I feel like eating - but I already have some idea of how much each thing will cost me and what I can actually eat with the leftovers).

Good luck!!!