Looking for an exercise video with some "oomfph"

Options
I run 3-5 miles a day and really like the fact that I can burn so many calories in a relatively short period of time. However I'm in the market for an exercise video to "shake things up" - I would like to try something really fun and that burns a lot of calories. I do have the Jillian Michaels 30-Day Shred and I love it, but I'm looking for something with more dancing/kickboxing in it. I just want something different!

Anybody have any suggestions??? Thanks so much!!!

Kat

Replies

• ArroganceInStep
    ArroganceInStep Posts: 6,239 Member
    Options
    I can't speak to dance videos as I've never done anything like that, but P90X+ Kenpo Cardio Plus is a pretty solid workout.
  • TiffanyA2008
    Options
    Have you looked into trying Zumba?? That workout looks so fun. Like they are dancing their way to fitness. You can take Zumba classes or buy it on dvd :)
  • silkysly
    silkysly Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    I’m a runner & I like to do Belly Dancing or Bollywood to shake things up now & then. They are just different enough to keep you intrigued. You can find both at the library to see if they are for you.
  • silkysly
    silkysly Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    I can't speak to dance videos as I've never done anything like that, but P90X+ Kenpo Cardio Plus is a pretty solid workout.
    (I love P90X! Kenpo rocks!)
  • dawngrasso
    dawngrasso Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Bob Harpers Cardio Kettlbell - 1hour dvd
    there is also a "new" Shred - haven't tried it yet
  • evandmegsmom
    evandmegsmom Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I've heard great things about TurboFire and just finished Insanity and loved it.
  • knightgrl
    Options
    Anything Jillian Michaels!
  • poesch77
    poesch77 Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options
    I really like the Crunch videos....if you have Netflix they are on there.....I have been rotating these....the Crunch: CardioSculpt and Resculpt are awesome mixtures of cardio and strength training....really working up a sweat!!
  • LivLovLrn
    LivLovLrn Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    Of course I am going to say Zumba LOL :D Fun and a good workout...if you have a Wii it offers more than one level, too.
  • Shyloh1
    Shyloh1 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    I have Burn Fat,Boost Metabolism-Jillian Michaels

Ripped in 30-Jillian Michaels

Turbo Fire-from Beachbody.com

ChaLEAN Extreme-Beachbody.com

All are good.
  • LoriT129
    LoriT129 Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    Zumba is good and there is a Dancing with the Stars video out there that is very fast. Lots of kicking and dancing. I can't keep up with it yet so it is waiting for me to get faster! :)
  • Jade1x
    Jade1x Posts: 166
    Options
    Zumba Zumba Zumba all the way! you will never get bored of doing it. Its a great work out too! x
  • Andi_1977
    Andi_1977 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    TurboFire!!! Seriously, it fits what you're describing perfectly. It's kickboxing with "dancy" choreography, fun music, and burns tons of calories. Plus, the basic program includes about 12 different workouts, so you shouldn't get bored easily. I wasn't sure if it would be worth the cost at first, but it's the best $$$ I've spent in a long time. Oh, and I'm not a BeachBody coach/not trying to sell anything...I'm just your average busy girl who has finally found a workout that I want to make time for!
  • marianne_s
    marianne_s Posts: 986 Member
    Options
    I run 3-5 miles a day and really like the fact that I can burn so many calories in a relatively short period of time. However I'm in the market for an exercise video to "shake things up" - I would like to try something really fun and that burns a lot of calories. I do have the Jillian Michaels 30-Day Shred and I love it, but I'm looking for something with more dancing/kickboxing in it. I just want something different!

Anybody have any suggestions??? Thanks so much!!!

Kat

I do Turbo Fire for cardio, because I believe I get more burn than interval running on treadmill (this is probably because I'm slow...!)

Anyhoo..... for a 30 minute Turbo Fire class, I burn 300-375 calories, 45 min class 500-550, and 55 or 60 minute class 650+ calories

What's great about it though, is that it doesn't feel like hard work... I mean it will at first, but not after you get into it...

This is coming from someone that has traditionally head any for of aerobic exercise classes....!
  • leslturn8
    leslturn8 Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    TurboFire!!! Seriously, it fits what you're describing perfectly. It's kickboxing with "dancy" choreography, fun music, and burns tons of calories. Plus, the basic program includes about 12 different workouts, so you shouldn't get bored easily. I wasn't sure if it would be worth the cost at first, but it's the best $$$ I've spent in a long time. Oh, and I'm not a BeachBody coach/not trying to sell anything...I'm just your average busy girl who has finally found a workout that I want to make time for!
    i second this one! though its my third day lol I love it!
  • runningathena
    runningathena Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    If Shred is getting old...try Yoga Meltdown or No More Trouble Zones, which is Shred's older, meaner sister. No joke. :-) I'm also a fan of Pilates! Amazon sells a great DVD (under $10) called 10-Minute Solution: Pilates Perfect Body. Perfect for days when you're short on time!
  • courtclerkkris
    courtclerkkris Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the advise on Netflix. I had no idea they had such videos on there!!!! Going to try them out tonight.
  • KatScarberry
    KatScarberry Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Wow everyone - thanks so much, these are all great ideas!!! It sounds like Zumba will be on the menu for sure but the Yoga Meltdown & TurboFire have me intrigued as well... heck I might try all of these!!!

Thanks so much and good luck to all!!!

:flowerforyou:

Kat
  • mamaroki
    Options
    I really like the Crunch videos....if you have Netflix they are on there.....I have been rotating these....the Crunch: CardioSculpt and Resculpt are awesome mixtures of cardio and strength training....really working up a sweat!!
  • mamaroki
    Options

Thanks for the info. I had no idea this stuff was on Netflix