Strained back/ spine: has anyone had this?

Options
I hurt my back while biscuiting on Sunday. I had muscle soreness too which has almost gone but my back is still sore/ uncomfortable. It’s not unbearable but it’s affecting my range of motion and hurts with certain movements. The doctors have told me to take pain relief and use topical treatments, hot and cold etc. they said if it gets any worse or no better I’ll have to go back in tomorrow. I have AS and spinal stenosis and suffer back/ pelvis pain every day but this is different.
Has anyone else strained their back? What was the recovery time like?

Replies

• kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,910 Member
    Options
    I had lower back pain for decades.

I'm a bit hesitant to offer you advice because I don't have your conditions or know much about them, other than I knew someone with AS who was helped by yoga, and gentle yoga helped my back as well. (Yoga can also hurt it.)

Foam rolling may or may not be helpful. (My back loves it.)

I've found acupuncture helpful for pain, and TENS less so but more convenient as I have a good TENS unit and can do this myself.

I've found massage better than anything an MD could do.
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    It can take a few days to a few weeks depending on how bad it is and your body.
  • Mrsindepenant1
    Mrsindepenant1 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    The doctors spoke to me over the phone, I live very rural and couldn’t get in. I wonder if I should be physically evaluated tomorrow?
    The pain is causing back chest/ rib pain too. I tried to vacuume the house and it hurt really bad but once I stopped it settled down to just ache and be uncomfortable.