Struggling for Breakfast Ideas - Can transport easily

Options
I generally have a large coffee for breakfast and skip eating , so i would love some ideas for breakfast that are filling and easy to carry in to work with me

thanks =)

Replies

• Lorleee
    Lorleee Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    A couple of days a week I bring in a cup of plain Greek yogurt mixed with a cup of blueberries. Travels well in a small Tupperware container.
  • Sharon_C
    Sharon_C Posts: 2,132 Member
    Options
    I have been obsessed with egg muffins lately. I make enough for the week and pop them in the microwave when I get to work. This is my recipe but you can put whatever you want in it:

4 whole eggs
    6 tbsp egg whites
    115g diced ham
    54g shredded cheddar
    onion to taste
    dill to taste
    chives to taste
    salt and pepper

Bake in muffin tins at 350 for 25 minutes

Makes 8 muffins

84 calories
    8.2g protien
    .8g carbs
    5.2g fat
  • anmille8
    anmille8 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I like to make oatmeal with frozen berries only takes about two minutes to microwave. At work ill make oatmeal then add fresh fruit in it or on the side.
  • jlj9287
    jlj9287 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I make steel cut oats in mason jars every weekend for the week ahead. 1/4c oats and 1 1/3 c water per jar in the slow cooker for 8 hours. After they cool down, I add jam or fruit and put them in the fridge. I grab it as I run out the door in the morning and microwave it for about a minute at work. It's been a perfect breakfast for me while I do my usual morning work routine.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,981 Member
    Options
    I add protein powder and fat & fiber sources to my coffee and put it in a shaker cup.

h78h72anu4z9.png
  • rohhse
    rohhse Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Here's what I often take to work. I have a microwave and a fridge, but I hate using the employee fridge, so many of us bring a cooler or cooler bag.

Yogurt with granola and fruit

Cereal with milk and banana

Cottage cheese with fruit

Bagel thin with strawberry cream cheese

Bagel thin with egg and cheese

Leftovers from whatever I made the night before (I'm fine with eating non-breakfast food for breakfast, many people aren't and that's okay)

Hard boiled eggs

Oatmeal (I'm trying to move away from the instant and try steel cut oats.)

Protein shake with frozen fruit, banana, spinach, yogurt, almond milk, PB, cinnamon, and whatever else you want to dump in like turmeric, chia, protein powder

Greek yogurt