What do you watch during cardio?

Options
2»

Replies

• Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,859 Member
    Options
    This is what I see when I walk and run ... :)

bpj7lbtxogkx.png
  • BSTLIFE84
    BSTLIFE84 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I’m usually outdoors but if not com watch cheesy Hallmark movies on the treadmill
  • RunnerGrl1982
    RunnerGrl1982 Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    Machka9 wrote: »
    Since I run a lot, most days, this. :wink:

k5d3pgs6yqng.jpg

Nice path! Where is that?

Thanks! That's a photo I took one morning in my area of Santa Monica, California. :smile: It's down by the beach where run in the mornings. I LOVE LOVE your photo though. So beautiful!
  • kireler
    kireler Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Netflix, Youtube or gaming mostly. If I'm using my exercise bike (It has a seat like a chair) then I'll watch Netflix, Youtube or play some xbox game. If I'm on the elliptical I'll watch a Netflix show. So far it's Breaking Bad or Tidelands but that's just because I've only started the exercise about a month ago.
  • kodiakke
    kodiakke Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    mbaker566 wrote: »
    i prefer action things. so marvel or dc for movies. but i really enjoyed watching Person of Interest. i only allowed myself to watch a series while on the treadmill as a way to get my butt to work out. so to see what happened next...i had to get on the treadmill

Did that show ever finish? I watched it and then it seemed to go away. But I'm terrible at keeping up with shows.
  • kodiakke
    kodiakke Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    Since I run a lot, most days, this. :wink:

k5d3pgs6yqng.jpg

Gorgeous. Looks like SoCal? I almost thought Del Mar...
  • missysippy930
    missysippy930 Posts: 2,577 Member
    edited January 2019
    Options
    I’m just finishing up season 2 podcast of “Up and Vanished”.
    Before that, “Law and Order”, mostly SVU.
    Tracks in the snow when I am walking. (I live in the country).
  • neugebauer52
    neugebauer52 Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    I watch where I am going and my huge belly...
  • futureicon
    futureicon Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    If I'm on the elliptical I like the quick half hour shows. Right now I'm watching Atlanta, and recently I finished the first season of Futureman, which is really dumb but laugh out loud dumb.
  • youngcaseyr
    youngcaseyr Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    I run on a treadmill early in the morning during the school year (I work at a school) and also watch Netflix while I run. I have recently finished Hell on Wheels and Daredevil, and I just started watching Peaky Blinders. I recommend them all!
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Options
    kodiakke wrote: »
    mbaker566 wrote: »
    i prefer action things. so marvel or dc for movies. but i really enjoyed watching Person of Interest. i only allowed myself to watch a series while on the treadmill as a way to get my butt to work out. so to see what happened next...i had to get on the treadmill

Did that show ever finish? I watched it and then it seemed to go away. But I'm terrible at keeping up with shows.

yes it did. i thought they did a nice job ending it
  • Tacklewasher
    Tacklewasher Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options
    Just signed up for a free month of Amazon Prime, so watching the Grand Tour on the treadmill. Gotta binge 3 seasons (not sure the whole 3rd one is up yet) before the month is up as I'm not sure the rest is worth it to me.

Hoping to get back outside but nature dumped 6 inches of white crap on us last night, so will be a while.
  • RunnerGrl1982
    RunnerGrl1982 Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    kodiakke wrote: »

Gorgeous. Looks like SoCal? I almost thought Del Mar...

Thanks! You would be correct. SoCal it is! It's around the Santa Monica Beach area.

• ccrdragon
    ccrdragon Posts: 3,365 Member
    Options
    The clock
  • allison8668
    allison8668 Posts: 885 Member
    Options
    I listen to my music, have landscape photos alternating on the tv, and play hiking videos on my treadmill.

I tried watching shows, but they make me go slower for some reason.
  • CaffeinatedConfectionist
    Options
    I have an almost completely sedentary job, so I try to do some intentional cardio most days just to compensate for being a lazy bish all day at work.

So I get in a LOT of tv watching. Mostly goofy, actiony things on Netflix, Hulu, or Amazon. I just finished watching Eureka, and am currently rewatching Fringe, because Walter is amazing. I have a rotation of things like Agents of SHIELD, the Gifted, Runaways, Supernatural, the Tick... there is clearly a theme here.

Basically, my workout time is my self-indulgent tv time (yes, I watch tv when I'm lifting, too, but it has to be something that I can tune out when I'm actually moving the weight so I can focus on form). It helps me get in my requisite cardio when I can look forward to watching a show that I only permit myself to watch while working out.

That being said, trail running is far and away my favorite cardio option, so when I move to a place where that's an option my tv watching will take a significant cut. When I'm running I listen to audio books or podcasts, mostly. Even if I look like a crazy person for laughing and running.
  • Scorpio8402
    Scorpio8402 Posts: 554 Member
    Options
    Anything on my DVR
  • RebelRebel00
    RebelRebel00 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I don’t watch tv when I’m working out, I listen to music .... if I did watch tv ... it would be breaking bad, every day, all day. Best TV ever.
  • Keto_Vampire
    Keto_Vampire Posts: 1,670 Member
    Options
    Meh, I just listen to music & read through notes/books/articles - whatever I'm feeling interested in for the moment (somewhat random). I keep a giant stack (a few cardboard boxes worth) of articles printed out and look through before going to the gym (take ones I haven't re-read in a while usually or new ones...never enough new ones!!!).