Carb Counting Question

I'm new to the whole low carb and I had a question, I'm hoping someone knows the answer

Atkins Treat - Nutty Fudge Brownie, 40 gram --shows the 2g net carbs in the box, but when I log the treat it comes out as 18 carbs?? any idea why?

Replies

• leiflung
    leiflung Posts: 83 Member
    kami3006 wrote: »
    That's the total carbs for the product. You need to subtract the fiber and sugar alcohols to get 2g net carbs.

(should say this on the bottom part of the label)

This site uses total carbs, so the person who entered it put in that info correctly.

HOLD UP.

You subtract sugar alcohols? For real?
  • kami3006
    kami3006 Posts: 4,978 Member
    Yes
  • cfboozer
    cfboozer Posts: 1 Member
    I had this same question! I’m trying to track met carbs...don’t just have to do that myself or can I set the app to do that?
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member
    cfboozer wrote: »
    I had this same question! I’m trying to track met carbs...don’t just have to do that myself or can I set the app to do that?

the app doesnt count net carbs. you can track fiber and subtract everything else yourself though.
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    foodfastfit.com has some apps you can add on to your browser to help with tracking net carbs and such. I have them and am pleased with the functionality of them.
  • lemurcat2
    lemurcat2 Posts: 7,885 Member
    cfboozer wrote: »

the app doesnt count net carbs. you can track fiber and subtract everything else yourself though.

But you should be careful you are not using entries that are already net carbs. Most countries outside of the US and Canada are already net carbs for the carb count, and some people create net carb entries. If you really care, check.