exerbike calories or calories off here?

Options
Hiya all i just done 30 minutes moderate on my exercise bike according to the calories burned it was 155 on the monitor but on here it is 244 what one do you think is most accurate?

many thanks in advance!!!

Replies

• jolteon00
    Options
    Did the bike take into account your age, gender and weight? If it did, that might be more accurate. To be safe I'd log it as somewhere in between, fudge the numbers a little :p
  • netuk38
    netuk38 Posts: 16
    Options
    no the bike does not have that function hun!! ah so i suppose the bike is just an overall average for everyone but on here it goes by weight and age, so i think i'll go with on here and see how it is after a week or so of the diet x
  • MagicandCastles
    Options
    I use my bike, probably not spot on but it knows how hard and fast I cycled (or didn't!) where as MFP gives a vague description like 'hard effort' or 'light effort' so the bike should be more accurate.
  • netuk38
    Options
    ok many thanks! x
  • siulung
    siulung Posts: 15
    Options
    MFP does take into account the weight you've entered into your information when calculating your calories burned. As my wife and I will enter in the same amount of time for the same excercise, but my calories will be more because I am bigger. The site does suggest to manually enter in your calories burned if you used a machine like a bike or treadmill, BUT I don't know how the bike would claim to be able to calculate your calories burned if it doesn't ask for your age and weight. How would it even know what your target heart rate should be if it didn't know your age? Oh well . . . as long as you're moving! Keep it up!
  • netuk38
    Options
    yeah i have gone inbetween and put 200, im gonna do that jillian micheals dvd later so that should burn a good few also and like you say keep moving it has to help as i didnt do any exercise before... many thanks for all your help x
    :smile: