Just Dance Workout

Options
Just wondering if anyone else uses the Just Dance games for a workout? I usually do 30 minutes to an hour. And based on what my Garmin watch tells me, I burn anywhere between 300-600 calories. I do notice that I can do longer workouts with this game.

Replies

• shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    Options
    I do occasionally for a change of pace. The shuffle mode is great for fun cardio workout.
  • EternalSnow627_
    EternalSnow627_ Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I do and that's the only workout I really do. and I've lost weight doing it and plus its fun
  • 23MJ88DBFan
    23MJ88DBFan Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Hi! Yes, my daughter and I sometimes do this for a workout indoors when we can't go outside. It's a fun cardio workout and really makes you break a sweat! I add a stretch before for us both and a resistance, squats and abs/obliques portion for me after though cuz this belly has got to go! Lol
  • ConfidentRaven
    ConfidentRaven Posts: 1,428 Member
    Options
    It’s my current workout and I love it, even my kids join me sometimes. I’ve started recommending it to other parents and those who like me hate gyms and more traditional exercise. I find that I push myself more to do it than I have with anything else I have tried. My favorite part is that I can decide my intensity for that day depending on my energy or wellness (I have a chronic illness) so even on my bad days I get in some exercise.
  • tavia28
    tavia28 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I've used Just Dance in the past and had amazing weight loss results from playing! It's most definitely a great workout. I'm currently using as a choice of cardio along with BoxVR & Beat Saber for the ps4/psvr.
  • Terytha
    Terytha Posts: 2,097 Member
    Options
    I don't use that one, but in the past I used DDR and now I have Beat Saber/Box VR for PC.

The burn doing physically active games is pretty solid when I'm getting my groove on. XD
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    Just throwing this out there for anyone thinking of trying it, but not sure.....RedBox has a couple of 2019 Just Dance Games
  • koalathebear
    koalathebear Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    I have. I started out doing a lot of Just Dance for cardio - although i've found that the youtube Zumba videos give me a slightly harder workout - here's my playlist :)

I still use Just Dance though for cool down/on days when I don't feel like exercising tooooo hard. It's fun.
  • train2concur
    train2concur Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Just wondering if anyone else uses the Just Dance games for a workout? I usually do 30 minutes to an hour. And based on what my Garmin watch tells me, I burn anywhere between 300-600 calories. I do notice that I can do longer workouts with this game.

yes because dancing is fun two hours goes by quick happy dancing