What are your trigger foods?

Options
Mine are chips and anything chocolate. If I can avoid those I don’t over eat!

Replies

• Je55ica_79
    Je55ica_79 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Sweets for sure! Yes if I don't get any then I don't binge eat. But if I do omg I have such a hard time getting back on track. So I try to stay away!
  • Chef_Barbell
    Chef_Barbell Posts: 6,644 Member
    Options
    Anything flaky pastry and buttery. Soft pretzels and bread with butter
  • stricklee11
    stricklee11 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Any type of cake or baked good items and chips.
  • dechowj
    dechowj Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    chocolate
  • winodini
    winodini Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Ruffles 😕
  • RelCanonical
    RelCanonical Posts: 3,882 Member
    Options
    Frosting. I can eat it by itself by the jar. Good stuff, appropriate portions are just not enough for my craving brain.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    My mom's peanut butter fudge
    Flamin' Hot Limon Cheetos
  • proudmomma86
    proudmomma86 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Chips, chocolate, cake, and cookies o my!
  • Cassandraw3
    Cassandraw3 Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    candy, chips and salsa or queso, corn muffins
  • Crafty_camper123
    Crafty_camper123 Posts: 1,440 Member
    Options
    Chips and cheeze-its. Basically anything carby and crunchy. Bonus if there's dip involved. I don't usually moderate those well. Ecpecially if I'm hungry and they are easily accessable. And the amount that fits my calories and the amount that I want don't normally coincide. I've reduced them to a once in a while treat for that reason.
  • Mrsbunnyleon
    Mrsbunnyleon Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I work at Starbucks and I love pasties! Everyday is a struggle. This year I plan to not touch one pastry from Starbucks. I had a lemon loaf on the 2rd. But I'm fouced again.

Need all the support I can get. I'm here for others too. I'm been at Starbucks for 4 years. And dunkin donuts for 5 years. I dont leave bc I'm an assistant Manager. And the money is good for now. I'm going to college for accounting. So, some day I can get away from all the sweets.
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't say it's a trigger food but for me salty cured meat and cheese is really really hard for me to moderate especially if it is in front of me
  • StarliteTara
    StarliteTara Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    Jelly beans...It's a running joke in our house that I once spent $25 on the bag of jelly beans where you get to fill the bag yourself. Well it was only like $10 but each time someone brings it up, the amount goes up.
    When Easter rolls around I don't know what I'm going to do.
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    cookies with milk, especially Oreos. I have to buy them in small quantities like 4, 6, or 8 cookies.
  • anetkastefaniak
    anetkastefaniak Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Chicken wings (can easily eat 3 lbs), nutella (straight out of the jar) and like @sardelsa cured meat (salami, prosciutto, soppressata). Ooo and also samosas.

I can't keep any of those in the house or I become a monster LOL

Salt, salt and salt <3
  • estherdragonbat
    estherdragonbat Posts: 5,283 Member
    Options
    Potato knishes, pie, jelly beans, anything with cinnamon and a large amount of fat and sugar. (I can usually restrict myself to a reasonable portion of dessert... but if it's got cinnamon in it, game over!)
  • elisa123gal
    elisa123gal Posts: 4,287 Member
    Options
    stupid stuff. sour cream, or any form of it.. like chip dip.. the devil. I have to keep it out of the house only on special occasions. olives. can't eat just one.
  • TamLam99
    TamLam99 Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    crunchy salty cheesy snacks like cheez its, Cheetos, doritoes
    Apple cider donuts
  • AmyC2288
    AmyC2288 Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    French fries- sweets- chips and salsa (at a mexican restaurant)