Anyone Zumba???

Options
Hi I just tried to put in zumba as an excerise and it is not found::noway: ?!

Anything else I can substitute??? It doesn't recognize cardio salsa either lol

Thanks
Amanda

Replies

• Kinda79
    Kinda79 Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    I've used both Aerobics High Impact as well as Dancing Aerobics. :)
  • jenny8902
    jenny8902 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    maybe aerobic dancing? =]
  • melmck2011
    Options
    I always put: Dancing, aerobic, ballet or modern, twist, then just modify the calories to what my hrm says. Per class you should be burning between 500-900 I think. Hope this helps :smile:
  • ClareWorsey
    Options
    If you google it, it says you burn around 500 calories doing an hour of Zumba, i had to manually add it to my exercising. I asked the same thing when i started doing it, and that's the advice i was given :) x
  • Crystal_Rudolph
    Crystal_Rudolph Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    http://www.zumbacalories.com/

They have a caluculator here...you put in your weight, time and impact and viola!:smile:
  • dianejenni
    Options
    heyyyy i love zumba! I usually substitute with high aerobics which comes out to be about the same. I always add 5-10 mins more so it can balance out. For an hour of zumba, it is about 500-1000 calories. :-)
  • curlysue06
    curlysue06 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I zumba! Go to Zumbacalories.com. Then on MFP, create a new exercise and put in your time & calories. Best Wishes!
  • amandachic79
    amandachic79 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    You guys rock! Thanks so much :bigsmile:
  • Lolyballs
    Lolyballs Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    a friend gave me the link to this website to use. You can calculate the # of calories burned and put them under My Exercises
    http://www.zumbacalories.com/
  • zumbawhit
    zumbawhit Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    I'm Glad I found this post! I was wondering how to figure it in! I'm a Zumba instructor, so naturally I try to exert 10x the energy on my students, so the dance aerobics was definitely not cutting it. I wish they'd add Zumba to the list. With it being such a huge deal right now, I'm kinda surprised that it's not!