I have gained some of my wieght back......

Options
:cry: I went through a long recovery from last summers operation, and I can't believe how I had let myself indulge on anything i wanted , it's going to be like starting over again. Where I had lost 73lbs and only had 40 to go, now it's 40lbs lost with 73lbs to go. What in the world causes us to make the same mistakes and choices over again. I have done this my whole life, Yo Yo dieting, I really thought I had changed. Which there was a magic pill out there. Some one suggested Acai berry or some thing that was talked on Oprah show. What does anyone know about this or have you tried it? Thanks MFPal's......:heart:

Replies

• auntkaren
    auntkaren Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    :cry: I went through a long recovery from last summers operation, and I can't believe how I had let myself indulge on anything i wanted , it's going to be like starting over again. Where I had lost 73lbs and only had 40 to go, now it's 40lbs lost with 73lbs to go. What in the world causes us to make the same mistakes and choices over again. I have done this my whole life, Yo Yo dieting, I really thought I had changed. Which there was a magic pill out there. Some one suggested Acai berry or some thing that was talked on Oprah show. What does anyone know about this or have you tried it? Thanks MFPal's......:heart:
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options

welcome back...if someone on Oprah said it will work then by GOLLY it will work..LOL
    seriously, I dont think a real fix can be found in a pill when it comes to changing your lifestyle which is what I think is required to stop yo yo dieting or any other eating habit that has us overweight.
    Just cutting out junk, and you know what that is, and walking will make a huge difference
    lots to read and learn
    have fun
    Dave
  • thejarviclan
    thejarviclan Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    Probably Acai berry is not going to hurt, but it's not going to work magic either. The only thing that'll work magic is sticking to your guns!

You know what to do! You've lost 40 pounds - come on, girlfriend. Here's a hand up, get back on the wagon! We can do this!
  • heal4444
    heal4444 Posts: 709
    Options
    Auntkaren, forgive yourself. You are trying your best. Like you said, you went thru something big this past summer. So, you went thru another period of gaining weight and being less healthy than ideal, it was all more learning experience. Focus on what you've learned, what you gained.

Ask yourself better questions,

What did I learn from all this that I can benefit from?
    What can I gain from all of this experience?
    What is one thing I can do better now than before?
    What is one small step I can take towards my goal?
    What if I understood this is a journey?
    What if I am grateful for the 40 lbs lost and thank my body for all it's done for me?
    What is one small step I can take towards my fitness today?
    What if I took that step?
    What would be the next small step after that?
    What is one small step I can take towards my nutrition today?
    What if I forgave myself for all the times I slipped in my fitness/health journey and loved myself anyway?
    What would really motivate me?
    What?

:heart: Love yourself no matter what.:heart:
  • auntkaren
    auntkaren Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    Auntkaren, forgive yourself. You are trying your best. Like you said, you went thru something big this past summer. So, you went thru another period of gaining weight and being less healthy than ideal, it was all more learning experience. Focus on what you've learned, what you gained.

Ask yourself better questions,

What did I learn from all this that I can benefit from?
    What can I gain from all of this experience?
    What is one thing I can do better now than before?
    What is one small step I can take towards my goal?
    What if I understood this is a journey?
    What if I am grateful for the 40 lbs lost and thank my body for all it's done for me?
    What is one small step I can take towards my fitness today?
    What if I took that step?
    What would be the next small step after th
    What is one small step I can take towards my nutrition today?
    What if I forgave myself for all the times I slipped in my fitness/health journey and loved myself anyway?
    What would really motivate me?
    What?

:heart: Love yourself no matter what.:heart:
    Thank You! I had forgotten the wonderful support that is here with my MFPal's:heart:
  • heal4444
    heal4444 Posts: 709
    Options
    You're so welocome and welcome back. We all need each other here. We need you as much as you need us. What is wonderful about MFP, and the peace and goodwill that Mike keeps for us here is the reminder that,
    none of us are on this journey alone. Enjoy the journey. Enjoy the journey with all of us. See you on the boards!! :happy: :heart: