Losing weight after 40

Options
So, I lost a good bit of weight years ago. Long story short after numerous back surgeries I'm back to where i started and then some.

NOW, it's taking so long to come off!!

Any suggestions????

Replies

• jorichards2
    jorichards2 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Just start logging what you eat for a week. I set my goal at 1lb a week loss so I didn’t feel to deprived. I would also pre log the days meals and snacks the day before so you don’t need to think about food and will be less likely to pick at things you shouldn’t. To stabilize blood sugar levels I try and eat protein regularly and never go above 55% carbs.

Good luck
  • TaminaShock
    TaminaShock Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    I feel you some of my medications cause weight gain the munchies and cravings.I was stepping on the scale daily.Many things can affect the scale when you are a woman 40 and over. For about 3 weeks the scale never moved and in fact before my cycle the scale said I had gained 4 pounds when in actuality it was water weight that promptly went away after the cycle was over. Next thing i knew i lost 12 pounds!?? After that I only weigh myself once per week the same day. I like @jorichards2 said above. Preplan/log your meals eat adequate amount of protein stay within your daily carbs and be mindful of grazing. I guarantee You'll see the weight come off suddenly. XOXO
  • aimes3747
    aimes3747 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I had tried keto but i felt so deprived still after a month with no weight loss. I switched to calorie counting and i felt better plus lost 4 pounds. It is hard to stay on track without a meal plan.

My husband is such a picky eater so it makes meal planning difficult. What is your favorite go to meal?