a diff kind of nsv...

Options
jennor8or
jennor8or Posts: 204 Member
Saturday night I went to a draft party for fatasy football... i was all worried that i didn't want to go over my calories bc i'd eaten perfect the whole week. i know what you're expecting- you're expecting me to say that even though there was a taco bar i skipped the tortillas, ate the pulled chicken and some home made guacamole with fresh tomatos and some refried beans... well NO! see bc my mind has always made me miserable when trying to eat right, its always been a "diet"...well, no more of that my friends... i decided i wasn't going to drink (i'd rather eat my calories after all) and i had tortilla chips with cheese dip and 2 chicken soft tacos... i ate normal portion sizes- not bc it was my diet, but bc i didn't want anymore ... and then when everyone had desert (which they were calling "chocolate orgasm" ) i had 2 bites of someone elses just to taste it...not bc it was "against my diet" but bc even though it was yummy it was too sweet for me to have the whole plate and bc frankly i was full... so heres my NSV- it was ONE eveneing..i probably went over my calories for the day...but it was ONE evening in a month... and i'm sure i'll have ONE evening every month... so i'll have 12 days out of 365... before MFP that would have killed my progress..i would have felt guilty, i would have eaten everything in sight bc after all i'd already gone over my calories... but nope, i just got up sun morning (without a hangover!) and did my yoga, ate healthy, and did my 30ds :D woo hoo for learning a lifestyle !!! and for not letting food rule me!!!
on a another note... got measured the 1st time in my 26 days on mfp-- i've lost 6.3" total and 6.2 lbs :) woo hoo!! oh, and body fat percentage down by 1.3% SUCCESS!

Replies

• hm_day
    hm_day Posts: 857 Member
    Options
    Awesome!! Congratulations :)
  • LaurieEReid
    Options
    Well done! MFP has also helped me have a whole different relationship with food. It's not about good and bad, off limits and not. It's about eating a reasonable amount of the things that I want.
  • StrengthIDidntKnow
    StrengthIDidntKnow Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    Great job!
  • Xandi
    Xandi Posts: 319
    Options
    Congratulations!!!
  • oceanlvr9495
    Options
    way to go!!! great job!!!
  • vetsnatural
    vetsnatural Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Saturday night I went to a draft party for fatasy football... i was all worried that i didn't want to go over my calories bc i'd eaten perfect the whole week. i know what you're expecting- you're expecting me to say that even though there was a taco bar i skipped the tortillas, ate the pulled chicken and some home made guacamole with fresh tomatos and some refried beans... well NO! see bc my mind has always made me miserable when trying to eat right, its always been a "diet"...well, no more of that my friends... i decided i wasn't going to drink (i'd rather eat my calories after all) and i had tortilla chips with cheese dip and 2 chicken soft tacos... i ate normal portion sizes- not bc it was my diet, but bc i didn't want anymore ... and then when everyone had desert (which they were calling "chocolate orgasm" ) i had 2 bites of someone elses just to taste it...not bc it was "against my diet" but bc even though it was yummy it was too sweet for me to have the whole plate and bc frankly i was full... so heres my NSV- it was ONE eveneing..i probably went over my calories for the day...but it was ONE evening in a month... and i'm sure i'll have ONE evening every month... so i'll have 12 days out of 365... before MFP that would have killed my progress..i would have felt guilty, i would have eaten everything in sight bc after all i'd already gone over my calories... but nope, i just got up sun morning (without a hangover!) and did my yoga, ate healthy, and did my 30ds :D woo hoo for learning a lifestyle !!! and for not letting food rule me!!!
    on a another note... got measured the 1st time in my 26 days on mfp-- i've lost 6.3" total and 6.2 lbs :) woo hoo!! oh, and body fat percentage down by 1.3% SUCCESS!

Congrats! Great Job!
  • donbet69
    donbet69 Posts: 133
    Options
    I have 2 drafts coming up this weekend. I plan on bringing my own buffet for each.
  • Trixtabella
    Trixtabella Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    That is an awesome post, this is how I feel now, little bit of what you fancy :)
  • ctlinj7
    ctlinj7 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Great job, sometimes when you go ahead and taste what you are craving it helps you not to binge on it! Way to go!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!