Diary help please for low carb

Options
Can someone please view my diary for today just learning this app some. I'm on a 35 carb for this week but think I'm doing to much sugar. Does this look ok to anyone..

Replies

• cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,081 Member
    edited January 2019
    Options
    Well, if you're new to low carb, you may want to UP your salt by quite a bit, unless you're using entries that are wrong.

I see your Chicken has 0 for protein, when it's probably over 40 grams of protein, so check for a better entry and that will bring your protein up to a better amount.

What is it you want input on? Your calories are set super low, not sure that will work for you but we know virtually nothing about you.

How much weight are you trying to lose? Do you work? What's your daily activity like? Kids at home? School?
  • cmriverside
    edited January 2019
    Options
    As far as the sugar, you have 12 logged. That's just from the vegetables, dairy and that fat bomb. You're within your goal.
  • hippiesaur
    hippiesaur Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I can't say anything about the low carb part, but you should use a food scale to weigh all those stuff you eat, cause especially with calorie dense foods (fats) you can easily underestimate your intake. Cups and spoons are not accurate at all. If you don't eat in a calorie deficit it doesn't matter wether you eat low carb or not, you won't lose weight.
  • cmriverside
    edited January 2019
    Options
    Also, this one entry:

Keto - Peanut Butter Fat Bomb, 1 cup
    cal=75
    carb=2
    fat=140
    protein=2
    sodium=0
    sugar=1

No way one cup of fat bomb is 75 calories and 140g of fat. 140g of fat would be 1260 calories.

Just be more attentive to the details of your foods. And yeah, use a food scale!
  • influencingangel
    influencingangel Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Well, if you're new to low carb, you may want to UP your salt by quite a bit, unless you're using entries that are wrong.

I see your Chicken has 0 for protein, when it's probably over 40 grams of protein, so check for a better entry and that will bring your protein up to a better amount.

What is it you want input on? Your calories are set super low, not sure that will work for you but we know virtually nothing about you.

How much weight are you trying to lose? Do you work? What's your daily activity like? Kids at home? School? [/quot

Thanks I didnt realize I had it this way..I still learning this app..my weight is 237 with a goal of 160 for now..I'm not able to exercise much due to OA.. no kids .just do computer work most of the day..wanting to do the low carb diet of 35 carbs a day......any advise would be appreciated..

• influencingangel
    Options
    hippiesaur wrote: »
    I can't say anything about the low carb part, but you should use a food scale to weigh all those stuff you eat, cause especially with calorie dense foods (fats) you can easily underestimate your intake. Cups and spoons are not accurate at all. If you don't eat in a calorie deficit it doesn't matter wether you eat low carb or not, you won't lose weight.

I just started using a food scale today..
  • influencingangel
    Options
    How do you delete a food and start over putting it in