Sugar

Options
Well, i just sometimes eat more sugar than the recommended only because a yogurt, some cereal and 2 cups of orange juice... Never eaten more than the recommended calories, fat or chol though...

What can I do? Does it affect my diet too much? I don't think I can do better than that...

Thanks!

Replies

• froggy15
    froggy15 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Oj has alot of sugar. Switch to a low-sugar brand and only 1 cup. I drink Diet V8 splash, only 10 calories and little or no sugar. Some yogurts have more sugar than others, check labels. You can try plain yogurt, personally I don't like it.
  • mynika
    mynika Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    I put sugar on my daily diary to be more aware of it, just like the Del Monte Fruit Naturals that I just ate this morning.. After I posted it, had already ate it, I looked and there was 30 sugars OUCH!!! It helps me be more aware of it.
  • auntiebabs
    auntiebabs Posts: 1,754 Member
    Options
    My feeling is as long as I'm doing better than before I was on MFP.

I can make little tweaks and improvements as I go...

It's not being perfect, it's doing better.

Right now I'm trying really hard to avoid sugar in "real food" because I have a sweet tooth and would rather eat a cookie or two that tomato sauce with corn syrup or HFCS to the tune of 9g of sugar.
  • birdlover97111
    birdlover97111 Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    I am struggling with the same issue, and I have noticed that YES it does make a difference in your diet...I get a majority of my sugar from fruits, however, sugar is sugar...There is probably more sugar in the 2 cups of orange juice, then in 2 oranges...You might want to make that switch and see what that does for you...Oranges will be more filling and plus, you will get wonderful fiber...Good luck on your journey... :flowerforyou:
  • gabriellsotero
    gabriellsotero Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Oj has alot of sugar. Switch to a low-sugar brand and only 1 cup. I drink Diet V8 splash, only 10 calories and little or no sugar. Some yogurts have more sugar than others, check labels. You can try plain yogurt, personally I don't like it.

It's natural/homemade orange juice with a lot of water and no sweeteners... I'll see if a industrialized one does it better... Thanks!
    Yogurt for me just the strawberry one... Gonna try to find another brand after...

I put sugar on my daily diary to be more aware of it, just like the Del Monte Fruit Naturals that I just ate this morning.. After I posted it, had already ate it, I looked and there was 30 sugars OUCH!!! It helps me be more aware of it.

I've put it now! Before now I didn't know how to...

My feeling is as long as I'm doing better than before I was on MFP.

I can make little tweaks and improvements as I go...

It's not being perfect, it's doing better.

Exactly! Very good point! Just stopping to drink non-light/zero soda and eating sandwich cookies and chocolate and candy I just feel much better!

That's the spirit!
  • gabriellsotero
    gabriellsotero Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I am struggling with the same issue, and I have noticed that YES it does make a difference in your diet...I get a majority of my sugar from fruits, however, sugar is sugar...There is probably more sugar in the 2 cups of orange juice, then in 2 oranges...You might want to make that switch and see what that does for you...Oranges will be more filling and plus, you will get wonderful fiber...Good luck on your journey... :flowerforyou:

Thanks for the advice! Gonna try to drink just one cup and eat one orange or something like that!
  • sanura
    sanura Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    I usually avoid orange juice. it is really high in sugar and really hits your bloodstream fast. in fact it is the most recommended item for diabetics if their sugar gets too low (risk of seizue, fainting or coma)
    try having a fresh orange instead, more satisfying, less sugar