Feel full longer

Options
What is your favorite food that makes you feel fuller longer?

Replies

• acmiranda7
    acmiranda7 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    for breakfast i have a english muff, 1 oz of shredded chs, 1 egg over hard and 1 thin slice of ham. Basically, I make my own egg mcmuffin and I feel full till my next meal! Lots of protein!
  • kerrylou150
    Options
    A hint I got off the boards is to add oatmeal to smoothies. I add just 1/8 cup of uncooked plain oatmeal to my am smoothie. It has added an extra 2 hours before I get hungry... I don't need an am snack anymore.
  • BRANDYLYNETTE
    BRANDYLYNETTE Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    I love cereal....but, had to stop eating it because I was starving two hours later. So now....for breakfast, I eat yogurt. Keeps me full until lunch! I love those yoplait boston cream pie, keylime pie, etc......just like the lady on the commercial who has a refrigerator full! Cracks me up when she is on the phone talking about all of her yogurt and her husband is in the fridge looking for the boston cream pie etc. That is exactly what my fridge looks like! I also tried fruit in the morning...and again , I was starving after eating that a little later. i have saved fruits for snacks in between meals....still love it! : )
  • ceeshelman
    Options
    I think a balance of fat, carb and protein at every meal and every snack keeps my blood sugar level all day long so I never get a crash. I never eat a carb without also adding a fat and a protein. It's that simple. The balance is the feel full factor for me.
  • Carrie95128
    Options
    I like Greek Yogurt in the morning. My fave is Chobani Strawberry Banana 2%. The 2% has a little bit of fat and isn't as bitter as the nonfat version. Only 160 calories, and, it has like 14 grams of protein and helps me stay full all morning!
  • fteale
    fteale Posts: 5,310 Member
    Options
    I don't find much makes me feel flu for very long at all!

I used to eat a lot of bread, because it filled me up, but I got fat, so that had to go. I do find Genius wheat free bread is good for filling me up in the same way normal bread used to. I had a piece at 2pm, and it's 5.30 now and don't feel starving, though I have had 2 cups of tea since, which probably help.

But in general, I am hungry most of the time.
  • ceeshelman
    Options
    for breakfast i have a english muff, 1 oz of shredded chs, 1 egg over hard and 1 thin slice of ham. Basically, I make my own egg mcmuffin and I feel full till my next meal! Lots of protein!

This is one of my favorite long sustaining balanced combos.
  • Frannswaz
    Frannswaz Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    A hint I got off the boards is to add oatmeal to smoothies. I add just 1/8 cup of uncooked plain oatmeal to my am smoothie. It has added an extra 2 hours before I get hungry... I don't need an am snack anymore.

That works for me too!
  • BRANDYLYNETTE
    BRANDYLYNETTE Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    carrie195128............the black cherry greek yogurt is good too!
  • DrBorkBork
    DrBorkBork Posts: 4,099 Member
    Options
    What is your favorite food that makes you feel fuller longer?

FAT
    (avocados, coconut, bacon, mmmmm)
  • bahamamama2
    Options
    Oatmeal keeps me full in the mornings wish I could eat it all day every day.
  • smitchell37
    smitchell37 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Looks like Im gonna have to suck it up and eat things I dont like. I cant stand yogurt or oatmeal.
  • Nelski
    Nelski Posts: 1,607 Member
    Options

This is one of my favorite long sustaining balanced combos.

Me too! I some kind of egg sandwich for breakfast almost every day. Filling and tasty!
  • smitchell37
    Options
    I have always wanted to try smoothies. How do you make them and what do you put in them? I need something easy bc I dont have much time. I have one of those little bullet blender things and have never used it
  • smitchell37
    Options

sounds yummy. What does over hard mean? Is the egg something I can do in the microwave? I eat breakfast at work
  • DrBorkBork
    DrBorkBork Posts: 4,099 Member
    Options
    I have always wanted to try smoothies. How do you make them and what do you put in them? I need something easy bc I dont have much time. I have one of those little bullet blender things and have never used it

coconut milk (like thai kitchen or native forest, NOT the so delicious crap in the dairy section), frozen fruit, and protein powder. Throw it in a food processor and blend well
  • brucedelaney
    brucedelaney Posts: 433 Member
    Options

sounds yummy. What does over hard mean? Is the egg something I can do in the microwave? I eat breakfast at work

Hard over means you fry the yolk hard, as for in the microwave yeah just scramble it and nuke it. My wife has eggs for breakfast every morning usually a veggie omelet, 1 egg, 1 serving of egg beaters (generic brand) some green peppers and tomato with a couple thin slices of ham and some mrs. dash spicy seasoning. She nukes it the night before then reheats in the microwave at work in the morning. She loves it and it's very filling.
  • keleraba
    Options
    Protein works the best for me. In the morning fat free ham and egg, together or separate, they hold for about 2 hrs before I get hungry. For lunch, I found that the beef (100gr) can hold for 3-4 hrs. So I vote for animal protein.
  • fteale
    fteale Posts: 5,310 Member
    Options

That first sentence means something very very different in England!
  • kerrylou150
    Options

coconut milk (like thai kitchen or native forest, NOT the so delicious crap in the dairy section), frozen fruit, and protein powder. Throw it in a food processor and blend well

my basic formula is 1 cup frozen fruit, 4 to 6 oz of liquid, scoop of vanilla protein powder, 1/8 cup dry oatmeal. sometimes i add yogurt but use less liquid.

right now i am hooked on raspberries. one cup frozen raspberries, six oz of trop 30 blueberry, and all the other stuff

my second fave is four ice cubes, 4 oz of oj (not that light cal stuff... good oj), 1/2 vanilla yogurt, and all the other stuff... it states like those orange Popsicle with vanilla ice cream in the center.