“Noob”

Options
mellyjorg73
mellyjorg73 Posts: 1 Member
edited January 2019 in Getting Started
I have a 10 year old son and “noob” is apparently short for newbie or person who is new to something.

I am 7 days into what I hope to be a life changing decision. I am following Abascal Way (To Quiet Inflammation), drinking a ton of water, and working out with a trainer once per week while increasing my daily activity. I am keeping a food journal here and that has been super easy.
I’m nervous for when the “noob”ness wears off. I really want and need to sustain the activity and after the first 5 weeks of Abascal find a food plan that is realistic and healthy.

I travel 6-8 days a month for work.

Tips?

Thanks!

Replies

• elothen
    elothen Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    I wish I could identify the magic trigger that causes people to finally make (and stick to) life changing decisions but I can't. You've got to find what drives and motivates you personally. Whether it's losing weight, building muscle, quitting smoking, exercising, career changes, anything... you've got to have that *something* that drives you to make the change. I'm now old enough that I can see the end, so for me it's observing loved ones who are about retirement age and haven't taken care of themselves. In my family it's a VERY ugly picture with one uncle dying at 62 last year of a heart attack. 62... I may be a little darker than most on here but our health is serious business. It's not just about how you want to look at middle age, actually that's just a little perk. It's more about how will your life be at 60, 70, 80? How do you WANT it to be? NOW is when we start deciding that.

Traveling and food can be a little bit of a challenge but it's still about decisions. Breakfast is easy with a shake and/or protein bar and maybe some fruit. Lunch and dinner is a little harder but almost every restaurant now has nutrition information. Dry salads (or a vinegarette), grilled chicken, steamed veggies, baked potato with light fixings, grilled fish, lean steak... can find that stuff at most restaurants. If push comes to shove (no nutrition information available) just make sure it doesn't have bread, cheese, isn't fried, no mayo/ranch/etc. and you won't do too bad. Also remember that it's not any given meal, or any given day that makes the big difference. It's the pattern and averages over weeks and months.

Good luck, YOU CAN do this!