My scale jumps so high even after a light meal

Options
2»

Replies

• lokihen
    lokihen Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    Does anyone else remember the one post where he weighed himself, defecated, weighed himself again and found his scale said he had gained weight?

I briefly considered buying a more accurate scale, but quickly decided a trending app was good enough.
  • NovusDies
    NovusDies Posts: 8,940 Member
    Options
    I think it is a bad idea to weigh yourself after you eat or drink anything on a regular basis. There is no good reason to have that higher number floating around in your head. You are going to get higher numbers some days anyway just from normal fluctuations why add to it?

• vanityy99
    vanityy99 Posts: 2,583 Member
    edited January 2019
    Options
    Don't weigh yourself under different circumstances and expect the same results.

I didn’t expect so much of a difference in a lil amount of time with hardly anything in my system. I think it’s my scale. Thanks though!
  • manderson27
    manderson27 Posts: 3,510 Member
    edited January 2019
    Options
    Scales need to be on a hard surface, in the same place and checked regularly. I use 2 x 5kg dumbells so far it is always accurate. Mine is a tap with your foot until it shows 0 then step on.

I love to weigh every day, (I am a data nerd) same time, nude after peeing. Never bother later on as it is always higher.

I use a trending app Libra (android) to track my weight this stops me freaking out if I gain a pound or two now and again as the general trend is still down. It also helps me to see what causes those apparently random fluctuations. In my case it is usually pasta or if I eat a meal with high salt content.

I threw some figures into WeightGrapher and you can see clearly where I had a couple of holidays and my weight went up mainly due to sodium intake...or alcohol...yup it may have been alcohol. :/:D<3

5gd8w1z4xony.jpeg

Hope this helps :)