Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Is it horrible to go over your vitamin A%, C%, ?

I have started eating more plant base type foods and cut down on meat intake. But notice the bottom half of my charts I’m over in vitamin intake.

Replies

• Deviette
    Deviette Posts: 978 Member
    Generally, no. You pee out the excess.
  • cathipa
    cathipa Posts: 2,991 Member
    Vitamin C no since it is water soluble and your body will only use what it needs and the rest is excreted through the urine. Vitamin A depends on the source. Since you are plant based most of this is probably beta carotene so it should be ok. If in supplement form or from polar bear liver (remembers this from med school) then it can be toxic because vitamin A is fat soluble so it can be stored and could become toxic. I’m plant based as well (new transition) so I get it. Are you taking a supplement as well (MVI)?
  • kdanzyjrfit
    kdanzyjrfit Posts: 7 Member
    Thank you 🙏🏾 so much!!!!
  • zeejane03
    zeejane03 Posts: 993 Member
    edited January 2019
    Also transitioning to a more plant based woe and I'm not worrying about being over, however I do try and rotate through what I'm eating. For example-I love sweet potatoes but limit them to 2-3 times a week, instead of 3 times a day, which I could easily do lol.
  • kdanzyjrfit
    Thank you Zeejane!
  • kdanzyjrfit
    @cathipa I’m not taking supplements