Native American graphic designer

Options
I am a 28 year old graphic designer who spend most of the time in front of a computer. I am an enrolled member of the Nez Perce tribe and proud to be who I am. Being Native American we are at high risk for diabetes and it does run in my family it is just a matter of time. I have taken steps to prolong the inevitable and have given up soft drinks for 2 years so far. There comes a point in your life where you think of all the failed diets and say to yourself this time I will lose weight. Well I have said that many times and always looked for the easy way to lose weight but losing weight isn't easy. It took me all these years to get how I am now and it will take just as long to reverse my poor choices. I always thought that counting calories would be a pain but with My Fitness Pal I have no excuse. My wife and I recently had our first baby on April 16th Which is the reason and motivation to change the way I have been for most of my life. I have the will power and the motivation to make my goal so I can be around a lot longer for my family. I don't care to look like a chiseled beast I just want to be healthy and feel good that I am taking better care of my body. I would also like to teach my daughter healthy eating habits so she doesn't have to go through an obese childhood. Hope to meet some new friends on here and I know I can count on you guys for the rough days ahead.

Replies

• NotGoddess
    NotGoddess Posts: 1,198 Member
    Options
    Heinz-57 web applications developer here :). Nice to meet you. Feel free to add me if you'd like some support.
  • Rickie_Raver
    Rickie_Raver Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I too am Native American and sadly the diabetic epidemic plagues my tribe as well. Great job wanting to make a change in your life and setting a good example for your child. MFP has been an amazing tool for me I am half way to my goal.
  • Capcilay
    Options
    Nice to meet both of you and I hope I am as successful with my goals as you ladies are.