Spin Workout Suggestions

Options
Hey everyone!

So I recently joined an indoor spin class! However, it is only a cheap first timer 2 week unlimited, which is over at the end of this week. I like it a lot! But it is not in my budget to keep going to the spin gym.

So I'm looking for suggestions on a spin workout. Full hour or HIIT style are both fine. Please let me know if you have any videos, websites or your own personal program that you can share with me! I'm super excited about getting into it!

Replies

• NorthCascades
    NorthCascades Posts: 10,970 Member
    Options
    Garmin has free cycling training plans on their site.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    There are tons of spin classes on YouTube
  • CraigFrickenH
    CraigFrickenH Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    A friend at work really likes these videos:
    https://www.spinervals.com/public/Streaming-Video-Library-150.cfm

The competition series has a few funny painful sounding titles for some of their workouts.

I haven’t used any of them myself, but I’m told they’re good if you like cycling.
  • mengqiz86
    mengqiz86 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Subscribe to the Peloton app
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,951 Member
    Options
    Zwift has all sorts of options.
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    I used to use a Spin bike mostly for intervals, hill simulations and standing cycling (the heavy flywheel helps that aspect).

One of my hardest sessions was two and a half minute intervals for an hour:

Seated - brisk cruising pace resistance/cadence.
    Seated Climb - add resistance, maintain cadence
    Standing Cycling - same resistance
    Standing Hill Climb - very high resistance, low cadence

And repeat...…

The recovery to normal pace is a bit more like a fast outdoor ride in hilly terrain, if you prefer wider differences between your high/low intensity intervals then make Seated easy resistance and the Hill Climb extreme resistance.
  • Strongfitmama100412
    Options
    Do you have a spin bike? From your post it sounds like you are going to a boutique style gym which is expensive. Not sure where you live. Honestly, i love regular gyms that offer classes and are usually $25 a month or so. Like a golds gym etc. They always have deals going on. Yes im biased because I am a certified fitness instructor for over 13 years and have been going to a gym for over 25 years. These boutique gyms are new and popping up everywhere. I like an actual gym where i can lift weight and go to classes for a nice variety.
    Hope this helps.

• Reney_13
    Reney_13 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    @Strongfitmama100412 Yes it's a specialized gym where they only do spin classes. I was looking to gain some knowledge for spinning - which they did not have very much advice to give. I never planned on staying. I'll be joining a cheap gym afterwards to have access to a spin bike. I'm just in the process of strengthening my VMO. I am unable to do leg workouts as I rehab my knee. That's why I'm looking into joining a cheap gym, as I do not have one in my basement gym (where I workout the ret of my body)