Jogging

Options
Heeeey all

I'm fresh into jogging and needless to say I've fallen head over heels Geronimo in love. That being said I'm looking for others that also jog and enjoy sharing their trials and conquests. I'm currently training to compete in a 5k (3.107 miles). I have until May 26th and I have every desire to complete with my strongest foot forward and with a feeling of victory.

If you're also busting butt to accomplish a race or compete in anyway that involves stamina. Please add me

Replies

• SteveinChicago
    SteveinChicago Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Enjoy. For my weekend run, which is generally a little longer, I'll sometimes drive to a more pleasant place to run. I'm in Chicago so the lakefront trail is nice. But if you've got somewhere to go that's a little nicer than the sidewalk in front of your house it's fun to have something to look forward to and motivate you on those days.
  • youngcaseyr
    youngcaseyr Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the running club! It is typically quite welcoming and doesn't discriminate based on distance or speed 😊 I've been running for 7 years and have both increased and decreased my distance and average pace many times, for many reasons, but I've never participated/competed in a race or event. Good luck to you!
  • proudmotherof6
    proudmotherof6 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Hello all, I want to start jogging myself so I would love to join your group. I'm Lani by the way. Unfortunately all I have is a cul-de-sac to run in at the moment 😕. Any advice on that lol? Oh pls add me, I'm not sure how to add people.
  • jesspen91
    jesspen91 Posts: 1,383 Member
    Options
    Welcome to running! My advice is to start with C25K and see if there is a local parkrun near you. Parkrun is such a friendly and motivating event and it really encouraged me to run more consistently.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Are you using c25k?
  • Girlheidi
    Girlheidi Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Very few Park Runs in Canada sadly.....such a shame! I am just about to start on week 5 Couch25K - never thought I could run that long!
  • natsrobinson88
    natsrobinson88 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Hi all, I am also looking to jog/run more. I have an assessment in June and I must run 1.5 miles in less than 12 minutes. I am not a natural runner so any tips??? Feel free to add me. X
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Hi all, I am also looking to jog/run more. I have an assessment in June and I must run 1.5 miles in less than 12 minutes. I am not a natural runner so any tips??? Feel free to add me. X

C25k to start with and then work on your speed over 2 miles.
  • natsrobinson88
    natsrobinson88 Posts: 32 Member
    Options

C25K??????
  • proudmotherof6
    proudmotherof6 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I downloaded the C25K app! I'm excited to start.
  • RunnerGrl1982
    RunnerGrl1982 Posts: 412 Member
    Options

C25K??????

That means 'Couch to 5K' plan.
  • twatson4936
    twatson4936 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    You are a runner, forget the jogging. :-)
    Good for you and welcome to running!
  • twatson4936
    twatson4936 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Mix walking in with your running. It will allow you to go further. I believe the C25K plan includes this. Make sure you stretch after running, not before. Before do active warm ups like skipping and lunges. Buy some kind of foam roller and use it to roll your muscles. If you start feeling pain in your knees then it is most likely caused by a tight leg muscles. One tight muscle can pull the knee out of alignment and cause pain.
    I learned all this over the last 11 years. I started running at age 44. I could not run a mile at that point.
    Good luck to you all and feel free to ask questions.