Loose 10lbs before April 1st (trying on wedding dresses)

Options
Hi, I’m currently 146lbs and I’d love to get down to 135lbs by April 1st because I’m going to try on wedding dresses with my mum! I’m 5’7, I love to exercise but I also love to eat hehe
I’m hoping MyFitnessPal will help me learn more about calories carbs fat etc in food. I have been at 146 lbs for a long time, maybe a year! I have hit a plateau and need to change things up....any suggestions?

Replies

• ac02102
    ac02102 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Do you think 10 weeks 10lbs is doable?
  • MichelleSilverleaf
    MichelleSilverleaf Posts: 2,028 Member
    Options
    In 10 weeks? Probably not. You're already in a healthy weight range for your height, you'll only be able to manage a .5lb/week loss with so little to lose.
  • apullum
    apullum Posts: 4,838 Member
    Options
    ac02102 wrote: »
    Do you think 10 weeks 10lbs is doable?

You are already in the optimal BMI range for your height. A pound per week is an aggressive goal given your stats. I would recommend recomp to build muscle and reduce fat, rather than focusing on weight loss.
  • klovesd84
    klovesd84 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I think that’s very doable! I’m also 5’7.5 and currently 146. My goal is 138 which is my happy weight. I’ve lost 10 pounds in ten weeks twice before after children. I just make sure I’m eating well and feeling satisfied and getting my fitness in. Good luck!
  • kabrina30
    kabrina30 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    klovesd84 wrote: »
    I think that’s very doable! I’m also 5’7.5 and currently 146. My goal is 138 which is my happy weight. I’ve lost 10 pounds in ten weeks twice before after children. I just make sure I’m eating well and feeling satisfied and getting my fitness in. Good luck!

Was it right after having a baby when your weight was likely higher than 146? If so that's quite a bit different than losing ten pounds starting at 146.

Weight is just a number. You should look at some of these recomp pics and look into it ... These people look amazing and their technical weight is irrelevant.
  • sorchaedwards1991
    sorchaedwards1991 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I'm in the exact same boat as you. Getting married in September and want to lose 10 pounds before I try on wedding dresses around April time. Then preferably another 10 pounds before I get married :)
  • klovesd84
    Options

Was it right after having a baby when your weight was likely higher than 146? If so that's quite a bit different than losing ten pounds starting at 146.

Nope. It was a year after giving birth. I lost the majority of the weight immediately afterward. I focused on ten pounds one year later and after I finished breast feeding. I don’t think that’s much different. I don’t think it’s unsustainable for a woman of my size to have a 500 calorie deficit a day for ten weeks. Personally, I think it’s quite manageable. I’m doing exactly that right now too and feel great.

• klovesd84
    Options
    Sorry, I can never figure out how to respond directly to someone on my phone.