Food obsessed

Options
Hi,

All I can think about is food and when I will eat next . What is wrong with me??
Kim

Replies

• cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,079 Member
    Options
    Habit, obsession, habit, anxiety.

Have you ever had any therapy or counseling? What about treatment for anxiety? Obsessive thoughts are treatable. :)
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,079 Member
    Options
    The other side of this is - what are you eating? Are you eating good amounts of protein and fat and trying to limit your bread and treats?

Start there. Add a vegetable to every meal, like a full cup of vegetables (in addition to or instead of potatoes.) Have 3-4 ounces of lean protein in every meal. Set meal times and don't eat in between.

Stay busy. Volunteer or exercise or chores. Whatever it takes to keep your body doing something other than TV or Internet.
  • rohhse
    rohhse Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Me too! I am actually in therapy for it. I have the compulsion to eat as soon as I'm done eating, even if I'm full. You are not alone. Therapy is really helpful.
  • RelCanonical
    RelCanonical Posts: 3,882 Member
    Options
    Do you have anything to work towards, a hobby or some sort of project or something important in your life? The first time I lost weight, all I could think about was my next meal. This time, I worked on making food less important and found things to fill in the space that food was taking up. Try to make other things important.