600 Calories for dinner tonight - not cooking, how to spend?

Options
I am a long time member of OTF and havent lost a lb (exaggeration, but still). Knowing weight loss comes from diet, I've been awful at this for the past year. I logged food today (very sporadic with this, 100% my fault). I am an overeater. I graze a lot and get crazy sweet cravings after dinner. I have 600 cals left for the day. What would you eat? Looking for bulky volume options so I feel full and don't start grazing later on tonight.

Open for suggestions. NO major food restrictions. I'm in a metro area so all the typical food eateries are pretty accessible. TIA

Replies

• Shell4624
    Shell4624 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Not a picky eater by any means. I like Chipotle, Qdoba, Firehouse, Subway, Jim n Nicks, Panera Bread...so many options.
  • debtay123
    debtay123 Posts: 1,327 Member
    Options
    Just choose a place - look online and see the calorie count then have at it! Enjoy
  • Larkspur94
    Larkspur94 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Meat, fats, potatoes. Eat slowly and chew so you digest better. Drink plenty of water to keep stomach full.

And I understand about being a grazer and a sweet tooth. I'm on the keto diet. Still have keto friendly deserts once or twice a week, but don't crave the actual sugary carby stuff while on it. Keeping myself restricted helps me a lot. When I decided to cheat over xmas, I was a monster. Snacked all day and overate like crazy. I couldn't stop myself since I'd already convinced myself it was okay, because I had this set time to cheat.
    It's been a relief to go back to restriction where I can stop myself going for a snack (even if it would normally be allowed on this diet), because I've had enough carbs or calories for the day, or it's outside my eating window.
  • Shell4624
    Options
    Larkspur - I can relate to you and the need for restrictions. I need to get there and i have in the past (several years back). Thanks for the insight and inspiration.

Danp, thanks for sharing, that also what I was looking for. And BTW I love your variety. Savory, (hopefully feeling) and you still treat yourself!

Truly appreciate the ideas and responses!!
  • kelly_stevens81
    kelly_stevens81 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Probably a little late but the chipotle veggie burrito bowl with guac, rice, beans, fajita veg and green salsa is 610 calories. Not sure if that's everything but you get the gist.
  • vegasvada
    vegasvada Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Probably late too, but I love a chipotle bowl and you can easily fill it to fit your calories and always keep me full.
  • SF71838
    SF71838 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Long time OTFer as well....and you're 100% correct that you won't lose weight by doing OTF alone. I go 4x/week and it basically helps me maintain my weight with eating ok. I have plenty of weight to lose and I've been focused on tracking everything in MFP lately. Even if I go over for the day so I can see my eating habits. If you're looking at eating out the Steak and Arugula sandwich at Panera is one of the lowest calorie items on their menu and fairly filling. If you're doing mexican, leave off the cheese and sour cream to save calories but still have great food. I try to eat at home b/c it saves money and calories I can use for a treat or glass of wine. Steak with a side of veggies at most restaurants is also on the lower end of the calorie scale....and you can maybe have a piece of bread depending on how many calories you have available for the meal. Good luck and enjoy today's Power workout if you're going!
  • lbride
    lbride Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    For 600 calories - Dole chopped chipotle and cheddar salad plus grilled chicken. Super filling and good. Add wine if you don't want the chicken!
  • lbride
    lbride Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    What is an "OTFer"

• MelanieCN77
    MelanieCN77 Posts: 4,047 Member
    Options
    OTF is Orange Theory Fitness - workout classes with cardio and HIIT and strength depending.
  • fitoverfortymom
    fitoverfortymom Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    I would probably make a big *kitten* DIY charcuterie plate of fresh fruits, veggies, crackers, cheese, olives and maybe some grilled chicken strpis or something. You could also go with a big-*kitten* salad with a low cal dressing.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    My lazy go-to is tuna sandwiches.
  • RelCanonical
    RelCanonical Posts: 3,882 Member
    Options
    I usually pick up a frozen or ready-made mac and cheese and a cup of yogurt from the grocery store when I've got about 500-600 calories left and feel lazy.
  • Shell4624
    Options
    SF71838 wrote: »
    Long time OTFer as well....and you're 100% correct that you won't lose weight by doing OTF alone. I go 4x/week and it basically helps me maintain my weight with eating ok. I have plenty of weight to lose and I've been focused on tracking everything in MFP lately. Even if I go over for the day so I can see my eating habits. If you're looking at eating out the Steak and Arugula sandwich at Panera is one of the lowest calorie items on their menu and fairly filling. If you're doing mexican, leave off the cheese and sour cream to save calories but still have great food. I try to eat at home b/c it saves money and calories I can use for a treat or glass of wine. Steak with a side of veggies at most restaurants is also on the lower end of the calorie scale....and you can maybe have a piece of bread depending on how many calories you have available for the meal. Good luck and enjoy today's Power workout if you're going!

Today was a good work out. I did great on the treads (maintained my new base pace!)....my arms are dead from row and arm work. and those woodchoppers...oh boy! Kinda low splat for me, but I got'er done! Thanks for the meal suggestions. I think I am going to copy each of these suggestions to have nearby for future...lots of options and suggestions posted.
  • Shell4624
    Options
    I would probably make a big *kitten* DIY charcuterie plate of fresh fruits, veggies, crackers, cheese, olives and maybe some grilled chicken strpis or something. You could also go with a big-*kitten* salad with a low cal dressing.

You know what I like about this idea... I wonder (no hard evidence) if for me, what is mentally satisfying is the snacking behavior... meaning if I made this, i could eat enough...walk away and COME BACK to it for more in an hour or so. Does that make sense? Kinda of weird, but I should test this theory.
  • emmylootwo
    emmylootwo Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    I know this is late, but for future reference...

Do you have a Chick-fil-A where you live? Or a jimmy johns? Those are my go-to's right now. At Chick-fil-A, I get grilled nuggets and soup. At jimmy johns, I get a sandwich or two lettuce wraps. (I always get mayo and cheese too because what is life without deliciousness, but I guess you could take it off and save even more cals. Lol!)

If you're looking for a little more volume, try maybe a frozen meal and a whole bag of frozen veggies on the side!

This brought to you from someone who has given up on almost ALL cooking because I just don't like to do it.
  • Dansfightforlife
    Dansfightforlife Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    how much ice cream is 600 calories?