Keto diet

Options
I want to try Keto diet. Need help!

Replies

• MerryWorkman
    MerryWorkman Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Me too, I am on day four. I think I will go to the library to find a book for inspiration and recipes. I have notice that I already feel heaps better, feeling fuller and not craving beer at night. My son is trying to do this with me and hopefully he will manage without sandwiches in his school lunchbox.
  • corrina9922
    corrina9922 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I am willing to try it. Feel free to add me as I may need help.
  • jeblouin
    jeblouin Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I am trying struggling a bit. I think I am eating to much cheese so not losing
  • PrettyThangDonna
    PrettyThangDonna Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I would like to try this as well. I have a few friends who are on the Keto diet, and it seems to be working well for them.
  • robbell678
    robbell678 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I’ve been following the low carb diet and am feeling much better. Seem to be losing weight too! Not feeling the carb up and down anymore. 😁
  • RoarNCorgi20s
    RoarNCorgi20s Posts: 13 Member
    edited January 2019
    Options
    Just started easing into it as well! :)
    Definitely, need to get creative with adding all the healthy fats... :#
    Any tips and tricks welcome!
  • jeanneeverdeen
    jeanneeverdeen Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone, I’ve started Keto the last few weeks and love it. I’ve lost 10 lbs already! I would love to join your group. Cheese Crisps are my favorite so far.
    1/2 cup grated Parmesan
    1/2 cup grated cheddar cheese
    Put on cookie sheet lined with parchment paper, 2 inches apart. Make 8 piles and sprinkle with your favorite seasonings. Cook 8-10 minutes on 400. Let cool 5 minutes. They are like healthy crackers when you want something crunchy!
  • longkathleenann9291
    longkathleenann9291 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Me too, I am on day four. I think I will go to the library to find a book for inspiration and recipes. I have notice that I already feel heaps better, feeling fuller and not craving beer at night. My son is trying to do this with me and hopefully he will manage without sandwiches in his school lunchbox.

If you have a school age kid, they should not be doing a restive diet such as Keto unless they are being medically supervised by a physician. A school aged kid should be eating a well balanced diet that includes, fruits, vegetables, whole grains, and proteins.
  • snickerscharlie
    snickerscharlie Posts: 8,578 Member
    Options

If you have a school age kid, they should not be doing a restive diet such as Keto unless they are being medically supervised by a physician. A school aged kid should be eating a well balanced diet that includes, fruits, vegetables, whole grains, and proteins.

^^ SO. MUCH. THIS.
  • knorris84
    knorris84 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone! I'm doing keto for migraines. I've been doing it for 75 days. I still second guess myself everyday! I have joined the 2 groups keto and low carber daily forum. They have been so helpful for me through the entire process. If anyone needs help they are always there and have tons of advice. I can suggest that you need lots of salt especially to begin with. Try 2 tsp a day to keep keto flu away. You can play with the amount later but most need around 5,000mg. Oh, and carb is a limit so stay 20 or below, fat is just to feel full and satisfied but not a goal so you don't have to meet it, and protein is a goal. You will want to meet it for sure. Good luck!
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    edited January 2019
    Options
    I'm doing keto because I wanna. I'm on day 6. My diary is open.

After the 5 lb of water whoosh in the first 2 days, I've logged a loss of 0.2 lb each of the last 3. I call that a first peek of success. I'm trying to lose at the rate of 0.5 lb per week.

I've been inspired by my mfp friends' success with keto.
    I've read Dr. Annette Bosworth's book.

And I've been popping the big grains of pink salt.
  • wandering44
    wandering44 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    We (spouse and I) have been doing keto for a month with great success for both us. Tons of information on the internet - free. We love Dr. Annette Bozworth. She has lots of YouTube videos and a book. I get numerous recipes from requests on the internet. I have put many of them on MFP website to see how the nutritional values square with the recipes. Many times they do not so I either change the recipe or don't bother with it. Be care of the carb values of vegetables and fruit. They add up quickly and put you over the 20 carb limit. The eating program is pretty simple if you just figure out what of the "allowed" foods you like and the quantities. Sometimes I put food on the MFP account to see how it fits with my goals - before a meal and adjust the items accordingly. On the keto diet the goals are 20 carb grams per day, 133 fat grams. Protein is determined by dividing your desired weight by 2.2. Drink lots of water and use Himalayan salt (the pink stuff). It's available at Costco and the health food stores. (Most food banks will love to get your "throwouts", i.e. pasta, rice, beans, etc.)
  • Larkspur94
    Larkspur94 Posts: 114 Member
    edited January 2019
    Options

A child can be perfectly healthy and get the nutrition they need on keto. Children with autism are the most common to see on a keto diet.
    I will say to @longkathleenann9291 though, that you should keep track of what your son consumes. Find out his macros. I wouldn't calorie restrict him or anything, he's still growing (even if he needs to lose some weight). And it might be a good idea to lean more low-carb than keto for him, for more flexibility on how much he can eat.
    Grains, starchy veggies, legumes, processed meat and trans fats (veg oil, sunflower oil), are completely unnecessary. A well balanced diet does not need so many carbs. Helps if you just turn the American food pyramid upside down, it's the wrong way.

I recommend watching 'The Magic Pill' on Netflix. Has a couple children on the diet. They are on it because of autism but they are still kids.
  • thomasdiet
    thomasdiet Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    great videos by thomas delaurre you tube