Keto Diet

Options
Keto dieters,
How does this diet work? Do you recommend it?

Replies

• influencingangel
    influencingangel Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Look for dr Eric Berger videos on utube..I just started and it's helping me to understand it all and how to count my macros each day
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Options
    Ketosis just means that you eat a diet low enough in carbs, usually under 20-50g, so your body mainly uses fat and ketones for fuel while lowering old insulin and glucose levels. This can make weight loss a bit easier for some, mainly those with IR, and it also can help by reducing appetite and cravings. It still comes down to a calorie deficit in the end.
    It can also help with some health issues.
  • keto6167
    keto6167 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    lemurcat2 wrote: »
    "How" the diet works is by forcing your liver to produce ketone bodies which your cells can use for energy.

Not really. How the "diet" works is the same as how low carb works -- for some people eating that way makes it easier for them to eat fewer calories, often to the point of just eating below maintenance, at least for a while, without doing anything else. Part of this is that for some it takes away hunger, but IMO a bigger or more common part is that it makes it impossible to stay on the diet and eat mindlessly and likely cuts out trigger foods and foods the person was used to overeating.

I believe that your meant to transition once you have become fat adapted or was it ketone adapted . Basically when you reach a point where your body is using ketones carbs can be increased slightly at which point fat drops a bit also to balance the calories . Tho I do find like any DIET everyone has different points of view and its best to find what works for the individual within safe boundaries .
  • miamademedoit
    miamademedoit Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Thank you for all the answers everybody