Anyone suffering with depression???

Options
cearnold1994
cearnold1994 Posts: 5 Member
edited January 2019 in Motivation and Support
Hi there. Im Caitlin, 24yo, 248lb. I suffer from severe anxiety and clinical depression. Anyway, I was just wondering if there are any other people out there who, when have a depressive episode, turn straight to food? I could really use some support breaking this habit.

Replies

• 23MJ88DBFan
    23MJ88DBFan Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Yes sis, I have struggled with those ugly beasts anxiety and depression as well as ptsd. Also being an emotional eater, I feel your pain. I'm 36, married and a mom. Would love to have and be a support on this journey, lets do this!! 😊 Feel free to friend me.
  • beccapineapple8756
    beccapineapple8756 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Me! I have bipolar and ptsd. My lows are usually when i struggle with food. Im 26 and have a bunch of weight to loose. Feel free to add me!
  • jcpiccolo
    jcpiccolo Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi. I have clinical depression and food has become my safety blanket. With 2 small kids and now being over 40, it seems impossible to lose weight! I have recently learned some things that made me change my mindset and I am telling myself I can lose the 40+lbs necessary. People with depression understand that being overwhelmed equals the carb crave I think. :) I'd love to be added.
  • aokoye
    aokoye Posts: 3,495 Member
    Options
    I do have major depressive disorder as well as generalized anxiety, but it doesn't really play a role in what or how much I eat (if anything when am less functional I forget or don't want to eat because doing so requires effort). It plays a role in more or less everything else, however, including things like going to school, working out, and getting out of bed.

I am very functional, but I am also profoundly depressed.
  • Amaris_89
    Amaris_89 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    No depression but ptsd and anxiety and I have noticed that food and nutrition is linked to so many of my thought patterns and the deeper down that spiral I go, the less successful I am at coping with my ptsd. The more consistent I am, the easier it gets though.