In need of a support circle.

Options
I need some people in my corner that will give support and recieve it as well. Just told someone that i want to be fit, healthy and just look pretty damn good for once in my skin. Their (multiple) response was your going to look like this for ever. One said a fat *kitten* for life. I cant deal with such a negative circle. Although i know my moral has taking a hit i just cant give in. I feel more motivated to do it now. I dont know what will come from asking this but im a fighter who has a strong will to do this more than ever but i know i cant do this alone. Ive tried so many times. Help me be the best i can be and i will do the same. Ive never been so hurt but also never been this motivated. I need to find a way to convert this pain.

Replies

• peppermintcaroline
    peppermintcaroline Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    You can do it! There will always be naysayers. Just ignore them and move on.
  • proudmotherof6
    proudmotherof6 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    You can add me. I need motivation as well. Ignore the ignorant people out there or just use what they say as more motivation to get to your personal goals.
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,561 Member
    Options
    Sent you a friend request! You can do it, don't let the haters get you down.
  • seankicks1
    seankicks1 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    You can do anything you put your mind too. Don’t listen to all the negativity some people put out. Be positive, stay strong and focused and you WILL reach your goals!
  • Je55ica_79
    Je55ica_79 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Keep moving forward and do what is right for you. Real friends will support, help and celebrate the changes you seek.
  • amyepdx
    amyepdx Posts: 750 Member
    Options
    The best revenge will be to prove them wrong - let that help to motivate you!
  • Happyirisheyes
    Happyirisheyes Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    You got this! You are an amazing person. I’ve often found that people who say unpleasant things are often in some emotional pain themselves and they lash out. You are great and have come to the right place for suppoet
  • Seffell
    Seffell Posts: 2,222 Member
    Options
    Please set a slow/rasonable loss rate and eat at a small deficit. If you're very motivated now, chances are you're going to jump on the highest rate and say "I can do this". But motivation only lasts for so long. And after a week, starving and miserable you'll just give up and feel like that fat *kitten* for life. If you chose a small deficit, it will be easy and it will last. So you will achieve your goals even after you lose the motivation. And this happens to all of us, it is not motivation that keeps you going but habit and determination. But if it is all too uncomfortable - survival instincts will win the battle.
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    motivation comes from within.

if you find your circle of friends is overly negative, you should probably consider looking for a higher quality circle of friends.