Not losing weight

Options
I have been eating healty and following the calorie intake given by MFP. I also exercise doing weight lifting and cardio. I jave been in this diet for 20 days now but my weight hasn't droped even a single kilogram. My body got smaller specificaly in the waist area but my weight is the same as before. What could I be doing wrong?

I'm 5'6 at 80kg
MFP gave me a 1800 calorie intake limit per day

Replies

• magnusthenerd
    magnusthenerd Posts: 1,207 Member
    Options
    If you've changed your lifting or started a new routine, it is possible for there to be water retention in sore muscles.

How thorough is your logging? Are you weighing all your food?
  • Teabythesea_
    Teabythesea_ Posts: 559 Member
    Options
    don5dwroy3ic.jpg
  • ralphbaileygotiangco02
    Options
    If you've changed your lifting or started a new routine, it is possible for there to be water retention in sore muscles.

I don't weight my food. Water retention in sore muscles? May I ask what is that
  • Kathryn247
    Kathryn247 Posts: 570 Member
    Options
    This is a pretty common problem/question, this should help:

b27itkbm7rue.jpg
  • ralphbaileygotiangco02
    Options
    The thing is i have done this before this routine my meal plan,my exercise. The only difference is i use more weight now in my exercise. I used to lose 1kg per week easily
  • ralphbaileygotiangco02
    Options
    The thing is i have done this before this routine my meal plan,my exercise. The only difference is i use more weight now in my exercise. I used to lose 1kg per week easily

While it may have worked in the past, the less weight you have to lose the less room there is for error in your logging. Given your stats it doesn't seem like you have a lot to lose, so you should really be weighing your food. Being a couple hundred calories off a day can wipe out a deficit easily.

The this is i am heavier now compared to when i did this before
  • L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,753 Member
    Options
    Kathryn247 wrote: »
    This is a pretty common problem/question, this should help:

b27itkbm7rue.jpg

This ^^^^
  • musicfan68
    musicfan68 Posts: 1,139 Member
    Options

I don't weight my food. Water retention in sore muscles? May I ask what is that

It's just what it says it is - when you exercise, your muscles need to recover, so, to put it simply, water fills the muscles to help them recover. You can gain several lbs if you are new to exercise. You will eventually lose it, but it may mask fat loss for a few weeks or so.

Also, you need to weigh your food. I think it will be eye-opening.

• ralphbaileygotiangco02
    Options
    Thanks guys!
  • csplatt
    csplatt Posts: 1,083 Member
    Options
    I put everything on a food scale now. It's freeing. But also sad when you see what 2 Tablespoons of peanut butter really is (instead of just scooping it with a Tablespoon, I measure it to match the grams of a serving on the label).