Intermittent fasting with mfp-question

Options
Prady2012
Prady2012 Posts: 41 Member
edited January 2019 in Health and Weight Loss
I was thinking of doing intermittent fasting 16:8. So in the 8 hour eating window do I eat my all alotted calories?

Also i need my morning tea/coffee with milk to get going, do we skip that in 16:8 system? I do high intensity workout almost everyday and my time is mostly morning.
If you guys have any tips, please share.

Regards,
Pradnya

Replies

• RunnerGrl1982
    RunnerGrl1982 Posts: 412 Member
    edited January 2019
    Options
    Prady2012 wrote: »
    I was thinking of doing intermittent fasting 16:8. So in the 8 hour eating window do I eat my all alotted calories?

Also i need my morning tea/coffee with milk to get going, do we skip that in 16:8 system? I do high intensity workout almost everyday and my time is mostly morning.
    If you guys have any tips, please share.

Regards,
    Pradnya

To the bolded above:

Yes, that would be the idea. During your 8 hour time frame, you would want to make sure you're eating the allotted calories MFP has provided you based upon the information you entered in during the set-up process. Whether you eat it all in one go or space out a few meals during that time, is completely up to you.
  • nowine4me
    nowine4me Posts: 3,985 Member
    Options
    I IF with almond milk in my coffee, but purists will tell you that anything with calories breaks the fast.
  • pierinifitness
    pierinifitness Posts: 2,231 Member
    Options
    nowine4me wrote: »
    I IF with almond milk in my coffee, but purists will tell you that anything with calories breaks the fast.

Life isn’t so precise as the “purist police” here would have you want to believe. Can’t imagine, though, why anyone would want to “ruin” a great cup of coffee with cream and/or sugar. 😎
  • vixtris
    vixtris Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    AFAIK, it is fine to eat about 30-50 calories during the fasting period, so a small amount of milk in coffee should be fine.
  • jjpptt2
    jjpptt2 Posts: 5,650 Member
    edited January 2019
    Options

Yes.

Also i need my morning tea/coffee with milk to get going, do we skip that in 16:8 system?

Depends on what you are hoping IF will do for you.
  • Prady2012
    Prady2012 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone for insights.. :)