Ppl 5’4 and shorter who want to lose

Options
This is a no judgement zone whether you want to lose 5 or 15 lbs, I just want motivation and success stories!
I’m 5’3 currently 113lbs, want to drop 10lbs! Can’t get below 111lbs if I’m sick :(, I can’t live without sweet snacks 😭

Replies

• ginagurl79
    ginagurl79 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    🙋‍♀️🙋‍♀️🙋‍♀️5’1 here ....looking to drop 50(@ least)
  • jojo19812018
    jojo19812018 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    5’1. Down 41 pounds since joining MFP just over 4 months ago. SW was 198.
    35 to go!
  • kellie7850
    kellie7850 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Hello yes me too 5ft 1 looking to drop by 20+kg
  • Running2Fit
    Running2Fit Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    Your goal is not healthy. If you are unhappy with how you look, look into recomp. You are at a very low weight for your height already. Building muscle and getting more fit is more likely to give you results you are happy with than being underweight is.

I’m 5’0” I’ve lost 46 lbs already and am working toward losing another 24 lbs to reach my goal weight of 120.
  • Slim222Jeans
    Slim222Jeans Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi
  • lougaba
    lougaba Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Your goal is not healthy. If you are unhappy with how you look, look into recomp. You are at a very low weight for your height already. Building muscle and getting more fit is more likely to give you results you are happy with than being underweight is.

I’m 5’0” I’ve lost 46 lbs already and am working toward losing another 24 lbs to reach my goal weight of 120.

Like I said it’s a no judgement zone, what’s healthy on paper is not necessarily healthy IRL! I’ve always been in the low 100 and never felt or looked unhealthy until I gained the weight! My husband eats like it’s his last day on earth and I picked up his bad habits plus anytime I’m somewhere that sells food I open a snack and eat before even checking out! I don’t know how to stop these bad habits
  • Running2Fit
    Running2Fit Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    lougaba wrote: »

Like I said it’s a no judgement zone, what’s healthy on paper is not necessarily healthy IRL! I’ve always been in the low 100 and never felt or looked unhealthy until I gained the weight! My husband eats like it’s his last day on earth and I picked up his bad habits plus anytime I’m somewhere that sells food I open a snack and eat before even checking out! I don’t know how to stop these bad habits

I’m not judging, I’m stating a fact and giving an alternative approach to improving your body composition. How you feel and look don’t necessarily correlate to health.
  • lougaba
    Options
    kimny72 wrote: »
    No doubt part of the reason you are struggling to lose 10 lbs is because you're aiming to be underweight. Is there a reason you are aiming that low?

Have you considered recomp? Putting on some muscle may very well make you happier with how you look than losing more weight.

I'm 5'4 and lost from 145 to 125 over two years, and have been maintaining for 2 years. I didn't have to eliminate any foods, other than cutting back on alcohol a bit when I was losing. Now I'm working on building muscle and fitness, so I can look as good as I feel.

It’s not that I’m aiming low I just want to lose what I gained since 2017! I can’t build muscle easy, I’ve tried to lift for years and never looked defined, I look skinny everywhere but always had thighs :(! Now I have flabby arms and thunder thighs and I’m doing body weight movements and resistance without the weight!
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    edited January 2019
    Options
    Just because you previously got down to a certain weight doesn't mean it's not low.

I don't know what else to tell you. If you'd prefer to be borderline underweight, it is going to be very slow and you will have to be super accurate. It will be a struggle, there's no getting around that.

No one can build muscle easily, it's a slow process. And you probably weren't eating enough at the time. If you'd like to try recomp, set mfp at maintenance, eat all your calories, and follow a progressive lifting program. Many of us were pleasantly surprised how much it can change your shape.

Either way, you are looking at a slow journey, a long term goal. If you want to continue trying to lose weight, you can probably expect to see the scale move around once per month. After 2 years of recomp, you'll be able to eat more than you would after 2 years of losing 10 lbs and trying to keep it off, but ultimately you need to do what feels right to you.
  • lougaba
    Options
    Just because you previously got down to a certain weight doesn't mean it's not low.

I don't know what else to tell you. If you'd prefer to be borderline underweight, it is going to be very slow and you will have to be super accurate. It will be a struggle, there's no getting around that.

No one can build muscle easily, it's a slow process. And you probably weren't eating enough at the time. If you'd like to try recomp, set mfp at maintenance, eat all your calories, and follow a progressive lifting program. Many of us were pleasantly surprised how much it can change your shape.

Either way, you are looking at a slow journey, a long term goal. If you want to continue trying to lose weight, you can probably expect to see the scale move around once per month. After 2 years of recomp, you'll be able to eat more than you would after 2 years of losing 10 lbs and trying to keep it off, but ultimately you need to do what feels right to you.

What’s MFP? I don’t have the patience for 2 years! Are you a trainer?
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    Options
    lougaba wrote: »

What’s MFP? I don’t have the patience for 2 years! Are you a trainer?

MFP = MyFitnessPal. No, I'm not a trainer.

Here is a thread explaining recomp and people's experiences with it, maybe it will help:

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10177803/recomposition-maintaining-weight-while-losing-fat/p1

Most of the bodies we aspire to, that we see in athletes, actresses, models, insta-celebrities etc take years and hard work and patience. Chances are many of the goals you might end up wanting to achieve in life will require patience and time. If you can't put in the work required to reach your goal, like I said I don't know what else to tell you. Life is hard.
  • SchrodingersOtherCat
    Options
    I'm 150lbs & only 5'. I'm down 40lbs & will be happy if I get down another 15lbs although I know I should go lower but I like a little padding lol
  • nbrady001
    nbrady001 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Ok so 103 lbs is underweight for you. I would try making that goal 106 and if possible focus on building muscle. I am only an inch taller than you and when i was 108 people said i was unhealthy looking. So we go to the gym and get smaller but might put on 1 to 2 lbs a month. I got to 112 with muscle and stayed the same clothing size but tightened up.