Weigh day!???

Options
I weigh on Monday in the evening should I eat like normal Monday day time? If no what should I do so I don’t compromise loss in the evening?

Replies

• suziecue25
    suziecue25 Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    Looking back on my weightwatcher meeting days which were in the evening I always just ate normally [set deficit] but just made sure I had a wee before I was weighed.
  • gogetemrogue
    gogetemrogue Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I have weighed myself in the morning after my morning pee and in the afternoon after I get home from work. It's pretty common that my afternoon number will be lower. Weigh when it's most convenient for you, eat what you normally would for your calorie allowance, and comfort yourself with the knowledge that weight fluctuates, that if you track properly the trend will be downward, and you can't control water retention.
  • tinamae_vols
    tinamae_vols Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    NovusDies wrote: »
    I weigh on Monday in the evening should I eat like normal Monday day time? If no what should I do so I don’t compromise loss in the evening?

You can't compromise your loss if you are in a deficit but you can mask it by weighing after you eat and drink during the day. It is not uncommon for weight to vary as much as 7lbs during the day.

If this is part of a WW or similar thing can you weigh in the morning as well to have some cleaner numbers to work with?

Here is an article that explains weight and fluctuations:

http://physiqonomics.com/the-weird-and-highly-annoying-world-of-scale-weight-and-fluctuations/

@evedaniels93
  • xonatlucasox
    xonatlucasox Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Yeah it’s a slimming group I go to it’s not until evening but I need the support otherwise I find it really difficult to keep sticking to it iv been doing there plan but also using the diary in here to make sure I don’t over eat just because they say u can eat as much as u want I know that in reality I can’t so the diary here is really helping eat normal meal portions x
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,613 Member
    Options
    Maybe just don't eat dinner before the meeting? Otherwise what you eat will affect your weigh in, not necessarily your true weight. But if everything is the same each week, you will see a trend.
  • xonatlucasox
    xonatlucasox Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Thank u everyone ☺️