Evening Binge problems... Again

Options
I've already made a post discussing the fact that I've been eating more lately; however, now instead of being an "all-day" thing, the bingeing only comes in the evening.
I've tried distracting myself with different tasks, but that didn't help.
My willpower isn't strong at all.

I'm just scared of gaining back all of the weight I've lost within the past 1½ years: I have already gained 1kg back.
Is there anything else I could try?

Replies

• Teabythesea_
    Teabythesea_ Posts: 559 Member
    Options
    I haven't seen your other posts to know the backstory, if there is one, but here are a couple or suggestions...
    -Have a cup of tea/decaf coffee/hot chocolate. Sugar free hot chocolate is around 50 calories I believe.
    -Try and reserve more calories for the evening.
    -Chew gum or eat some sugar free hard candies. Something low calorie that will keep your mouth busy.
    -Depending on how late the binges are you can try to go to sleep earlier.
  • RelCanonical
    RelCanonical Posts: 3,882 Member
    Options
    I just have to give myself some calories so I can eat at night. I'm generally not craving much in the morning or afternoon so I usually have enough saved to satisfy me. I also eating dinner later, and do other things in the evening before starting dinner.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    I push breakfast back as late as possible, so I can eat more in the evenings. I prefer to eat the majority of my calories at night so I can have significant dinner and a little dessert.
  • brittgreenlikethecolor88
    Options
    - Chew gum
    - Drink a mixture of seltzer water and juice. Low cal drink that is satisfying and not full of artificial sweetners.
    - Snack on Skinny Pop popcorn (3 3/4 cups = 150 cals)
    - Snack on plain baby carrots. No dips. Binging on something healthy is better than something bad, right??
  • Chieflrg
    Chieflrg Posts: 9,097 Member
    Options
    Reassess what is making you binge at night and remove yourself from that situation.

• csplatt
    csplatt Posts: 1,021 Member
    Options
    I drink warm water at night
  • AustinRuadhain
    AustinRuadhain Posts: 2,574 Member
    Options
    Perhaps take a look at Bright Line Eating for some ideas on how to deal with binging. There's a book and a website.
  • seahawks_12
    seahawks_12 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I turn to fruit when craving something sweet. I choose carrots instead of chips today and I really wanted chips. Gum works good for me too.
  • roachrypt
    roachrypt Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Maybe saving the bulk of your calories for your "binge" time. That way you can indulge safely.
  • emmab3ar
    emmab3ar Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/heal-your-hunger-show/id1190355931?mt=2

She explains binge eating so well helped me tremendously understanding that it does relates to being able to manage your emotions and your mindset
  • cory17
    cory17 Posts: 1,368 Member
    Options
    If the bingeing is happening at home, get out. Maybe a dance class, library, gym? Or get on the computer, that can be a time filler for hours.
  • XxAngry_Pixi
    XxAngry_Pixi Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    I struggle with this too. I now save a big portion of my cals for night time, but I also make a huge salad, like 5 litre mixing bowl sized. Lots of low cal veggies plus some yummy add ins like mango or nuts plus a dressing. It can take me an hour to eat mindlessly while watching tv, it's replaced my huge popcorn or family sized bag of chips I used to eat and I get all my serves of veg in one go.

I still get the happy feeling from being full, i get to munch on something tasty and I'm fueling my body with good nutrients, so at the end of it I feel good rather than guilty like I would after one of my old junk food binges.
  • brenn24179
    brenn24179 Posts: 2,144 Member
    Options
    after dinner I drink only water. It fills me up. You can eat the next day.