WW & MFP

Options
Is there anyone that tracks WW points and tracks MFP? I have been with WW since October and have struggled a bit with things. My fault - not the program. I started tracking with MFP on Fridays and Saturdays then WW during the week and saw a loss again for the first time in nearly 2 months. I did both yesterday and 1200 calories was 33 points. It's a bit frustrating to me... though I completely understand Chipolte is NOT WW friendly! Wondering if others found this to be true for them as well?

Replies

• cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,948 Member
    Options
    Well - and WW started back-in-the-day before it was easy to calorie count. Back in the day where no one owned a food scale and when we had to do paper and pencil spreadsheets. Lots of work.

Myfitnesspal makes it so easy, and no "which food am I allowed to have?" questions.

Also, I don't think I've ever eaten at Chipotle for less than 1200 calories, so there is that.
  • Dixon2001
    Dixon2001 Posts: 2 Member
    edited January 2019
    Options
    Unsweetened applesauce is free, but a container is 70 calories, banana - also free - can easily be 100 calories... My coffee creamer is only 70 calories for 2 Tablespoons but 4 pts which makes it really hard to fit into breakfast. It becomes very frustrating.
  • LZMiner
    LZMiner Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    WWs is always recognized as a good “diet” because it teaches people that healthy eating is a lifestyle change. I used the program over 10 years ago and lost 25 lbs...mostly after-2-kids-turning-40-eating-leftover-happy-meal weight. It taught me how to make good choices—free/zero/low point foods—which help now using MFP, which I use to maintain. In a nutshell...good program, especially if you need weekly accountability...I do hear it’s become rather pricey, when there are so many free digital options now.
  • eaglesan47
    eaglesan47 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I've been a WW member for a year now and have lost 70 pounds....however, I have stalled for several months now. There are zero point foods....but I think I am eating too much of them. I am going to give this a try between now and my next billing for WW.......if I find this works better for me now then I am going to drop WW and keep doing this...........it seems very intuitive. WW is a good foundation for me and I think the zero point foods are a great base that I have made into a good habit........I just think I need to look at caloric intake at this point for my older age and less pounds to lose.
  • suziecue25
    suziecue25 Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    Oh for goodness sake....do one thing or the other... without any fuss...it will mean you will lose weight if you follow either properly.
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    It would probably be a field day for lawyers if myfitnesspal implemented WW point tracking without a licensing agreement.
  • suziecue25
    suziecue25 Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    suziecue25 wrote: »
    Oh for goodness sake....do one thing or the other... without any fuss...it will mean you will lose weight if you follow either properly.

Chill man. WW often works great at the beginning, and then people need finer tools. I can understand they'd be wary of ditching it after they got used to it and had some good results.

I have lost significant amount of weight following WW and doing CICO on MFP but independently of each other. I just think to try to amalgamate the two is unnecessary and confusing.
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,592 Member
    Options

Chill man. WW often works great at the beginning, and then people need finer tools. I can understand they'd be wary of ditching it after they got used to it and had some good results.

I have lost significant amount of weight following WW and doing CICO on MFP but independently of each other. I just think to try to amalgamate the two is unnecessary and confusing.

I think it's a good idea to kinda check yourself caloriewise every once in a while if doing WW. I lost a lot of weight on WW, too, but found I was consistently undereating when I converted point logs to calories after hitting a plateau. All the days I converted, I was netting between 750 and 1000 calories.
  • New_Heavens_Earth
    New_Heavens_Earth Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    When I kept pillng on zero point foods my calories were too high and I'd maintain.

If you check out Connect on WW the latest firestorm is that several popular and successful losers are now moving to double tracking, or tracking here but keeping WW for support.
  • MelanieCN77
    MelanieCN77 Posts: 4,047 Member
    Options

I agree and said so early in the thread, and my second comment just before yours shows we have the same experience of both WW and MFP as well. Doesn't mean everyone has it as together we we do ;)