What are your trigger foods?

Options

Replies

• besmith11
    besmith11 Posts: 106 Member
    edited January 2019
    Options
    Bourbon honey mustard chicken wings with super crispy french fries.

And my grandma's fried chicken, period. Lard and bacon grease....yum!
  • Crafty_camper123
    Crafty_camper123 Posts: 1,440 Member
    edited January 2019
    Options
    stupid stuff. sour cream, or any form of it.. like chip dip.. the devil. I have to keep it out of the house only on special occasions. olives. can't eat just one.

I put sour cream in all kinds of things, I love it. It's a pretty major staple in my house. The thing that gets me in trouble though is having potato chips in the house to go with it. Just plain jane sour cream and plain potato chips is amazing. And it's not something I feel satisfied with a "sensible" portion. The amount I like to eat is a goal destroying portion, lol. So I have it rarely.

If it helps, fat free greek yogurt is a really good sub! For 90 calories you get a whole CUP. VS 60 calories for a couple tablespoons of sour cream. It mixes well wherever sour cream is called for, and goes well with all kinds of things where sour cream is a topping. It also makes for a great low cal creamy veggie dip or dressing.

• RubyDarling
    RubyDarling Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Mine is liquid.... wine.

All it takes is one glass, then I start rummaging in the fridge and I don't stop. But I'm working on mindful moderation this year, allowing one drink here or there without sidetracking my progress.
  • whatalazyidiot
    whatalazyidiot Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    Mine is liquid.... wine.

All it takes is one glass, then I start rummaging in the fridge and I don't stop. But I'm working on mindful moderation this year, allowing one drink here or there without sidetracking my progress.

Same! I do ok now with most foods, but get some liquor in me, and it's over.
  • LiLee2018
    LiLee2018 Posts: 1,389 Member
    Options
    krispy kreme donuts. Thankfully it's easy to avoid since I just don't have to buy them, but if my husband was to bring home a box of them.. even though I'm not craving them at all... I would eat the entire dozen.
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    LiLee2018 wrote: »
    krispy kreme donuts. Thankfully it's easy to avoid since I just don't have to buy them, but if my husband was to bring home a box of them.. even though I'm not craving them at all... I would eat the entire dozen.

Donuts are hard to avoid for me too. I honestly do not like glazed (not even Krispy Kreme glazed), but cake donuts...blueberry or chocolate or sour cream. Add coffee and yikes, so good!

I live less than 1/2 mile from the best donut shop in my town and my husband and I have sorta made it a household "rule" that if we want a donut we walk there, buy one or two each, and walk home to eat it. If we ever got a dozen, we would eat every single one by the following day I am sure. I'm also sorta glad they're the type of old school donut shop that has sold out of most things by 10 am and closes around noon...if it was a 24 hour place, I bet we would both weigh 10 lb more than we do!
  • Sunrain2018
    Sunrain2018 Posts: 24 Member
    edited January 2019
    Options
    Cinnamon Toast Crunch is my weakness:... It used to be chocolate, fried foods, and stuff but I cut it out of my life because I started going back to my old habits.... Now cereal is my dessert but sometimes I feel like downing the whole box.

I was never a chip person to begin with but I did have a short addiction to hot Cheetos at some point.

• kayjeh93
    kayjeh93 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Salty food is my weakness. I love popcorn, corn nuts, dry roasted chick peas.

And BBQ chips and dip.
  • nahmm83
    nahmm83 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Cereal.... all that sweet goodness. I could live off of cereal (breakfast, lunch & dinner) but it wont be a long life.
  • allieeveryday
    allieeveryday Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Chips and salsa at a good Mexican restaurant. Can polish off a basket without even thinking about it.

Also chocolate candy. The gas station close to my office used to sell just the regular-size Milky Way bars, which I'd get occasionally as a treat, but they've started only stocking these "eat one now, save one for later" 2-in-1 packs, and ... I cannot force myself to not eat both of them in one sitting.
  • Je55ica_79
    Je55ica_79 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Mine is liquid.... wine.

I'm the opposite if I drink I have to remind myself to eat. Unless I'm doing shots then I lose all self-control in every aspect...so not good!😂
  • Mrsbunnyleon
    Mrsbunnyleon Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I work at Starbucks. It's all trigger food for me. Today I want a lemon pound cake. Only 3 hours left. I will leave without consuming one!
  • shunggie
    shunggie Posts: 1,036 Member
    Options
    Any type of cake or baked good items and chips.

Not together right??? hahaha
  • shunggie
    shunggie Posts: 1,036 Member
    Options
    Donuts are hard to avoid for me too. I honestly do not like glazed (not even Krispy Kreme glazed), but cake donuts...blueberry or chocolate or sour cream. Add coffee and yikes, so good!

I live less than 1/2 mile from the best donut shop in my town and my husband and I have sorta made it a household "rule" that if we want a donut we walk there, buy one or two each, and walk home to eat it. If we ever got a dozen, we would eat every single one by the following day I am sure. I'm also sorta glad they're the type of old school donut shop that has sold out of most things by 10 am and closes around noon...if it was a 24 hour place, I bet we would both weigh 10 lb more than we do!
    [/quote]

I used to do something similar. If I drove I got one donut, if I walked I got two. It's a challenge for me to not stop on Saturday or Sunday mornings. That has always been donut time for me but not now. I go for a walk on weekend mornings and once a month I get a donut- only one (dang it) and like you I'm a cake girl. Raised donuts do not tempt me in the least.
  • rohhse
    rohhse Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Chips, trail mix, even rice cakes- can't have them around because I'll eat the whole bag.
  • BSTLIFE84
    BSTLIFE84 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    It’s crazy to see what pushes other people over the edge! A lot of these things I can have just one and be fine — but chocolate mixed with peanut butter and I’m a goner !
  • aimjolie
    aimjolie Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    My trigger foods are potato chips, pretzels, and cookies, I try not to buy these items but if they are not in the house, then a spoon and a jar of peanut butter. It’s heavenly eating peanut butter out of the jar!
  • suzu_2
    suzu_2 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Ice Cream... I LOVE full-fat, creamy rich ice cream... and it is such a wonderful vehicle for hot fudge and marshmallow cream and melted caramel sauce... Yikes! I think I just gained 5 pounds!!
  • Larkspur94
    Larkspur94 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    biscuits, cookies, donuts and popcorn
  • Steelkid
    Steelkid Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Anything with lots of salt or sugar.