Is it possible to have a perfect nutritional day?

Options
hi, I'm trying to stay in the 1200 cal limit but also hit 100% intake On iron calcium vitamins etc

Is it possible to do this and if sO can u send me a meal Planner example? thanks xx

Replies

• joejccva71
    joejccva71 Posts: 2,985 Member
    Options
    Whichever your calorie intake is, just be sure to incorporate fruits and vegetables into your daily diet. Also take a good multivitamin to ensure you are getting the daily minimums of your micronutrients for general health. Every day can be a perfect nutritional day.

What foods are you eating?
  • mrmanmeat
    mrmanmeat Posts: 1,968 Member
    Options
    There's no such thing as perfect.
  • jarrettd
    jarrettd Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    That is my goal every day. I'm not uniformly successful, but well-begun is half-done, right? I play with my meal plans like a puzzle; trying to make all the pieces fit. It was really a challenge (but doable) at 1200 calories; much easier since I'm closer to goal and have decreased my deficit.

My big go-to for lunch was wraps. Tam-x-icos lo-carb worked well; so do La tortilla Factory white wheat with olive oil. Lean chicken, black or white beans; lots of veggies and salsa, a little cheese and reduced fat sour cream...yummy!

Great northern beans w/ lean ham are a super food!

Pizza made on Thomas English Muffins (the 1/3 fiber or triple health) made with a blend of grilled veggies (zucchini, squash, onion, pepper, mushroom; all drizzled with olive oil, garlic, basil, and oregano, then grilled or broiled). Add some turkey pepperoni and a little mozzarella, then broil.

Romaine lettuce is yummy. Keeps longer in the fridge and has better flavor and texture. Full of vitamins. Iceberg, not so much.

Iron is a tough one for me. Multi-grain cheerios fill the gap quite nicely. Pair with raspberries and/or strawberries for a healthy, yummy treat!

I switched to Silk Light Original Soy Milk. Lower sugar. Still get the protein and calcium. Fewer calories. And I actually really like it! I also developed a taste for roasted pumpkin seeds and almonds.

Stay away from empty calories. Snacks are nice, but they need to play into your goals if you really want to meet them. Most highly processed or packaged stuff isn't going to contribute anything but calories, fat, and sugar.

I'm not a "clean" eater, but I think I'm heading that way. Still can't give up the occasional diet soday, miracle whip light, and coffee creamer. Oh, well. Nobody's perfect!

My diary is open. Enjoy!!
  • wendyallcorn
    wendyallcorn Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Thanks all for your responses (and I have opened my diary now!). I do eat lots of fruit and veg and have now started incorporating seeds, nuts and liver but I think if I stick to 1200 its impossible to hit 100% on all the nutritional aspects (I cant figure it out anyhow) so will take your advice and get a good quality multivitamin as well.

Love the meal ideas too ; ) thanks xx
  • joejccva71
    joejccva71 Posts: 2,985 Member
    Options
    Completely random but were you a fish in your past life? Don't ask why, just was wondering. =)
  • dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    I never have and been here for a year.
  • jbootman
    jbootman Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    I think thats where a wide spectrum vitamin/mineral pill comes in handy,

as far as protein/fiber and general items worth tracking I just tweek a sample food plan several months out, substituting things like almond milk for nonfat cow milk, different fruits and veg,

I have sort of made peace with my plan with regimenting my breakfast and lunch, sort of boring but then I can get more creative with dinner and sometimes even have an extra piece of fruit,

Dr. Oz suggested the same breakfast/lunch thing years ago, and it works for me, helps me make the master shopping list:

lowfat, no salt added cottage cheese
    tomatoes
    laughing cow cheese
    celery
    no salt/waterpack tuna
    no salt rice cakes
    almond milk
    FiberOne cereal
    blueberries

I try to maximize nutrition, fiber, but also need EASY and inexpensive, I avoid the kitchen if I can, no complicated recipes,

and I strictly weigh everything down to the gram, I need to reeducate myself as to what is a normal serving, and what that serving is in calories

relearning to eat at 63 years old
  • wendyallcorn
    wendyallcorn Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I think I may have been possibly a parrot fish, were you a Viking by any chance?