New to Keto: let’s be friends!

Options
Hello fellow fit pals! I just started Keto this Saturday at around 200 lbs. things are going great so far. I would love to have some relateable and supportive people in my feed and to chat with some of you.

Happy hump day!

Replies

• 25wellsa
    25wellsa Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    ok you look good
  • 25wellsa
    25wellsa Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    happy hump day
  • thomasdiet
    thomasdiet Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    me too 5 weeks about
  • thomasdiet
    thomasdiet Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    you look great
  • influencingangel
    influencingangel Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    New at it to for two weeks now..feel free to add me
  • TexasBullets
    TexasBullets Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I used to live a ketosis diet a couple of decades ago (before "Keto" was a word) and it worked really good for me. I stayed pretty lean. I think I need to get back on it. It's hard though when you have a house full of vegetarians that stock the cabinets full of tasty carbs. How about you? Will you be living in a space with competing diets?
  • sinsinita
    sinsinita Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I just started about 2 weeks ago.
  • melanie_lacey
    melanie_lacey Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I’ve been following the Keto/Intermittent lifestyle for 2 years. I’ve lost 25 pounds and gained 8lbs back since Sept. Too many lazy days & cheating hear and there did it for me. Trying to get back on track since 01/01/19. I’ve losf 3lbs to date. I’d like to loose the 8lbs I put back on, plus 5 more. Keto is the only way of eating for me. I was insulin resistant & headed to a life of diabetes. I’ve decided to fight now before that happened. I feel a lot better. No more hypoglycemia.
  • Beatansem
    Beatansem Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I used to live a ketosis diet a couple of decades ago (before "Keto" was a word) and it worked really good for me. I stayed pretty lean. I think I need to get back on it. It's hard though when you have a house full of vegetarians that stock the cabinets full of tasty carbs. How about you? Will you be living in a space with competing diets?

I live with my fiancé and he isn’t Keto, but we do often share meals since he does like some of the Keto meals I make! But he has carby snacks in the house, but I’ve got decent self control most of the time ;) I find that as long as I prep some, or have easy access to Keto friendly foods, then I can get over cravings by just making one of my meals! Good luck if you decide to go back on it! I have been on it a full week and I feel great. This is my first go-round.
  • Beatansem
    Options
    gsnow100 wrote: »
    Hello. My name is Gerald. I'm new to Keto. I will be glad to communicate with you and gain experience.

I hope it’s been going well for you! Today is a whole week for me and my energy is already gone way up, and stays consistent throughout the day. No more afternoon crashes! When I get hungry I get a little tempted to cheat but once I eat my Keto friendly meals or snacks I am just fine. Already lost a whole inch in my waist!
  • Beatansem
    Options
    I’ve been following the Keto/Intermittent lifestyle for 2 years. I’ve lost 25 pounds and gained 8lbs back since Sept. Too many lazy days & cheating hear and there did it for me. Trying to get back on track since 01/01/19. I’ve losf 3lbs to date. I’d like to loose the 8lbs I put back on, plus 5 more. Keto is the only way of eating for me. I was insulin resistant & headed to a life of diabetes. I’ve decided to fight now before that happened. I feel a lot better. No more hypoglycemia.

I hope you find yourself sticking to it this year it seems to do well for you! I come from a line of diabetics and definitely experience hypoglycemia symptoms. But not since starting Keto! I haven’t lost many lbs this first week but I have lost an inch in my waist, and my energy levels are great! Once I’m up, I’m energized until bedtime. No more carb crashes for me!
  • Beatansem
    Options
    sinsinita wrote: »
    I just started about 2 weeks ago.

Hey you! Hope it’s still going well for you. I just finished my first week and loving it.
  • Beatansem
    Options
    New at it to for two weeks now..feel free to add me

Hey girl! Hope all is going well. Today marks week 1 and I’m feeling great. How are you doing?
  • katrina6823
    katrina6823 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I started keto 3 weeks ago and I'm already 7kg down!! Anyone doing keto feel free to add me I love having a community :)