13 stone, ready to lose 3 1/2 stone

Options
So... I’ve let myself go and have been kidding myself into being fine with it by wearing stretchy clothing. The sad reality is that I’ve went from a size 10/12 (9 1/2 to 10 stone) to a size 16 (13 stone) in just under 3 years. Absolutely sickened by this and with a recent engagement (yay!!) I really need to slim back down to ensure I’m not a fat bride!!

Anyone else a similar size with a similar target? Or any top tips to shift the weight? 50lbs is a big target but I’m really determined. Hoping to get super motivated- have managed to lose 7lbs since the beginning of this year but want to make sure this becomes my lifestyle and not another ‘New Year’s Resolution’...

Thanks in advance,

LC

Replies

• moniquebryan
    moniquebryan Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    You can do it...
  • cathy_1984
    cathy_1984 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Hi, I am in a very similar situation. I was just under 10 stone before having children. Re-started my weight loss journey at the start of the month at 13 stone 10! Down to 12 stone 12lb. So around 3 more stone is to lose too. Feel free to add me as a friend x
  • 39flavours
    39flavours Posts: 1,494 Member
    Options
    Yeah I'm in a similar boat, I lost weight with mfp calorie counting and exercise three years ago and got down to 129 lbs (I'm 5'4") but then I just stopped everything. I dunno why as I actually really enjoyed the process of getting fit and healthy and I felt happy and confident. Maybe a self sabotage thing. So I put on 40 lbs, and I enjoyed that too. I told myself that it was a sign that I was loving myself, that I was good enough whatever shape or size, that I was setting a good example to my teenage daughter to accept who you are and be content with it.
    But in reality I wanted to go out less, I hid under stretchy clothes, I didn't want to go on holiday, I felt unattractive to my partner, I struggled more with energy and strength, my anxiety and depression returned, I was harming myself with alcohol and excessive eating, my daughter binged on unhealthy food and was inactive, I felt old and frumpy. And I was a fat bride, it sucks.
    So I'm back because this works and because I owe it to myself and my family to be fit, strong, confident and capable.
    If this rings true with anyone, please add me as a friend! All the best with your weights journey and congrats on the engagement!
  • kellie7850
    kellie7850 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Yes I used to be 9.5 to 10 stone 3 years ago but due to several things weight ballooned to over 14 stone. It’s on its way back down but still a ways to go. Target is 10stone
  • tattoomary
    tattoomary Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I'm in same boat. Starting weight 13stone. Down 12lb . Looking to get to 10 stone :-)
  • Luababy
    Luababy Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I should’ve added I’m 5ft 3/ 5ft 4 so 13 stone really isn’t looking great on me. Great there’s other who are similar that can help out and support. I’ll try to add you all when I figure out how to do that... I’m a real newbie to this! Thanks for replying guys xx