Replies

• Opalescent_Topaz
    Opalescent_Topaz Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Yes! Yoga with Adriene every day!
  • noynoyavery
    noynoyavery Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    Yes I do, I have been on and off for years , but have got back into it again, Yoga every day for about 3 weeks now. I use KEEP aps, YIN in my thing, I find flow and others too hard on my knees and wrists (I have Hypermobility) so the slowness of YIN is much less stressful on my joints. Plus I like the slower pace for meditation. I have lost 4 inches off my waist .Blessings for a good weekend xx
  • TiisTitanium
    TiisTitanium Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    I do Yoga with Adrienne every morning.At the moment I am do the 30 day “Dedicate” program but otherwise I just cycle through various 25 minute lessons as it is easy to squeeze that into my day. I can’t say if it has any impact on my mobility but I find it has a calming effect on me.

• Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    edited January 2019
    Options
    Yes, daily for years! I like power hot yoga!
  • Strongfitmama100412
    Options
    Yes! Sundays are my rest day but I do yoga. I think of it as a great finish to the week. I work hard all week sunday yoga is perfect to stretch me all out. I also incorporate some foam rolling.
  • Amaris_89
    Amaris_89 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Yes! Yoga with Adriene every day!

Love her!
  • KNoceros
    KNoceros Posts: 324 Member
    edited January 2019
    Options
    Most days for me. Usually something from Adrienne but I also like the “down dog” app which allows you to choose a practice length and style to suit you.
    Also occasionally attend a class at my gym, but they can only take 12 people and get booked up within an hour of the list opening....

Have done some Yin sessions and loved them, but can’t find any local to me, although the “restorative” sessions on Down Dog are pretty good.
  • middlehaitch
    middlehaitch Posts: 8,484 Member
    edited January 2019
    Options
    I do 90 min Iyengar yoga 2-3 times a week at a studio.

Although I have been doing it for 2 years, I don’t think I could get the good body alignment I get from my instructors feedback practicing anything but the very basic asanas at home.

Cheers, h.
  • Running2Fit
    Running2Fit Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    I also do Yoga with Adrienne. I should actually do it way more than I do because I always feel great afterwards.
  • AutumLeaf
    AutumLeaf Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    I have been doing it on & off since 2013, did it for the first time since last summer last week. Find it incredibly hard to stay motivated to do it. I actually find it hell most of the time, I really wish I enjoyed it. I'm extremely inflexible (can only just bend down to touch my KNEES) & am extremely uncoordinated because of my dyspraxia so I go to classes so that the yogi can assist me.

I don't find yoga peaceful and wish I could get the mental benefits that people get from it. I have a bad relationship with exercise, always hated sports so yoga to me is the most tolerable form exercise even if I spend most of it wishing it would end. I dread for down dog as I've never been able to get any progress with mine. It's humiliating lol. I have tried various classes and different yogis so I can say it's actually me, not the class or the yogi.
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    Options
    I also do Yoga with Adrienne. I should actually do it way more than I do because I always feel great afterwards.

I've never heard of Adriene, but so many of you mentioned here I looked her up. I might try some of her videos, thanks!

One of my favorites is alchemy heart yoga with Michelle Goldstein. She has some great flows with EXCELLENT cues.

I also like Ali Kamenova Yoga because has some super hard ones. She is incredible.
  • debrakgoogins
    debrakgoogins Posts: 2,034 Member
    Options
    Yoga is part of my fitness routine. I wish I had time to do it everyday but three days is the most I can fit in. I like pop pilates on YouTube which is a combination of pilates and yoga.

@AutumLeaf See Have you tried a restorative yoga class. It is gentler and may help you increase your flexibility.
  • spiriteagle99
    spiriteagle99 Posts: 3,680 Member
    Options
    I do yoga on my rest days or after short runs. For the past month i've been trying to do it every day to see if it makes a difference. I am extremely inflexible (really tight hamstrings) and I don't know that it's actually helping, but I enjoy it. I've never taken a class though, so chances are I'm doing some of it wrong.
  • tlpina82
    tlpina82 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Yes and the only thing i can say is.. I wish i would have started sooner.

The benefits are insane.
  • AutumLeaf
    AutumLeaf Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    @debrakgoogins thank you for the tip :) I have tried it. After going to a Pilates class this week I think I've decided I prefer Pilates as there's not so much pressure to "relax". Also no down dog!