Don’t Pay More for Overpriced Clothes!

Options
Ladies and gentlemen I’m soo hyped that I found cute clothes at the thrift store especially jeans.

I don’t understand why I didn’t think about going to the thrift store as soon as I hit size 12 (they don’t have plus sizes at my thrift store sadly) .

I found American eagle jeans and a cute Aeropostale shirt.

I also saved more money by going on the discount day 50% off and so far I’ve spent less than 12 dollars on two jeans and three shirts.

I just want everyone to know that if you are going through weight loss save your pennies and check out the thrift store.

Going shopping has also motivated me to keep on track with my goals. I was starting to get lazy around the holidays. I didn’t truly gain weight but seeing the scale and body fat creep up because I decided to indulge in one too many pasta dishes and cookies frightened me.

Replies

• RelCanonical
    RelCanonical Posts: 3,882 Member
    Options
    I definitely love thrift shopping for in-between sizes. There's a Goodwill right on my commute so I stop there pretty often and check out what they have in stock and what's on sale. The only thing I struggle with are bras. I don't have a standard size so it's hard to get them cheaply. I've been wearing sports bras, and while they do squish a little bit, it's much more comfortable than wearing an ill-fitting standard bra.
  • jesspen91
    jesspen91 Posts: 1,383 Member
    Options
    I'm really trying to limit buying new clothes this year in order to help the environment. Thrift stores are great for this and a more fun shopping experience in my opinion as you get to dig around and find things that are truly unique.

I don't really worry about sizes because different shops and different decades all size differently, I have found things I loved from UK size 8-16! If it fits, great. If not, try the next thing.